Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

MRI Proctogram?

(4 Posts)
cardamomginger Wed 30-Jan-13 21:17:51

Thank you! I found an account on the prolapse thread. Hmmm.....!

renaldo Wed 30-Jan-13 21:00:38

remember although it's embarrassing for you, the staff have seen hundreds and are unphased by them so don't be selfconsious. they will be lovely . don't wear any jewellery or metal .

digerd Wed 30-Jan-13 20:41:33

I had an MRI scan - in 2003- don't know if they have changed since then. They work on Magnetic resonance. and had my knee scanned for 20 mins.
I seem to be a bit odd, as now and again the magnets made some muscles jump slightly/twitch. - no pain or discomfort.. Remember thinking I could never have my head in it as am very claustrophobic.

cardamomginger Wed 30-Jan-13 18:34:44

Hi,
I'm having an MRI proctogram tomorrow (lucky me). It all sounds hideous. Has anyone here had one? Any words of encouragement? Or is it really as ghastly as I imagine it to be?
Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now