Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Embarassing itch question

(2 Posts)

I can't be bothered to name change, I'd like to think it's because I'm brave, but it's mostly because I can't be bothered to work out how to do it.

Ok here goes....

For the past 3 weeks or so my bottom-hole has been incredibly itchy, especially after doing a poo. The relief when giving it a good scratch with a baby wipe is unbelievable. It isn't constant, but it can come on very suddenly. I have found myself half hopping to the ladies at work once or twice blush

I've tried putting sudocrem on it but it isn't working.

I haven't looked because I daren't.

What is it? Do I need to see the nurse or can I get something over the counter in a pharmacy far far from here?

Please help, thanks

Itchyhole

Elibean Tue 29-Jan-13 22:41:56

It could be a fissure (small tear) especially if its after a poo.

OTOH, the most common source of itchy bums tends to be threadworms - so just to be safe, I would buy some Ovex over the counter and treat whole family, wash all sheets/pjs/towels, hoover in bedroom/bathroom, clean bathroom, and then do it all again two weeks later.

I would also buy some hydrocortisone cream OTC as if it isn't threadworm, it may help - or Eurax. Cure all sorts of itches-that-aren't-worms!

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now