Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Period mid-cycle when on the Pill

(8 Posts)

Says it all really, what does this mean?? It has never, ever happened to me before. Anyone had this? Should I be concerned?

Twosugarsplease Tue 29-Jan-13 11:16:40

I get two periods too, I take ceretzette.
My cycle is more 6- 8 weeks, I get quite a light flow, thats like my reminder that the next one will be with me in a couple of weeks, get cramps just about most of the time, cranky as hell about a week before each, and few days after the second.
I just live with it really, although I was given citalapram AD's for pms.
I'm in a routine with it now and happier that it's my double wammy of periods that makes me whingy and not me grin

mumtoaandj Tue 29-Jan-13 12:27:28

I had 2 periods when i was pregnant, one period was the implantation bleed.

Twosugarsplease Tue 29-Jan-13 12:57:45

Yes mum I did too, I remember telling the nurse I had a little period, and she said implantation bleed.
I always think of that if a period is late or light, and panic sets in although I'm extremely OCD taking my pill, have two teens, one toddler and a step-daughter.
OP is this the first time you have had 2 periods ?

steppemum Tue 29-Jan-13 13:04:47

I often used to get this on the pill. Apparently it meant that the pill hormones weren't stong enough to hold off the period totally. As far as I remember that doesn't mean that the pill isn't working as a contraceptive, but changing brands may stop it if you get it every month

was a long time ago, so going on old memory!

Hiya, first time this has ever happened while on the pill. I once had a in between period when I was about 18 (we're talking 22 years ago!).

I did have a mild tummy upset at the weekend. I'd be very shocked if I was pregnant, have only done it once since my last period so it would be quite an achievement esp as it took 2 years to get DS3! I have three boys already and didn't experience implantation bleeding with them.

Twosugarsplease Tue 29-Jan-13 17:59:28

Another thing to look at is our age, our cycle I expect will get a bit messed up too sad I'm 40 this year, my mum and sis had a hysterectomy in 30's and mum late 40's so I'm expecting to hormonaly go the same way.
Could this be the case with you becky ?

That did cross my mind...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now