Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any opticians in the house?

(7 Posts)
hobnob57 Mon 28-Jan-13 20:58:15

Hmmmm. I'll maybe make an appointment then sad

BikeRunSki Mon 28-Jan-13 20:51:19

My left eye changed (better) by half a dioptre in both pg, and my right eye by half in one pg. Could also be related to my old age and v short sighted eyes getting more longsighted with age (was 37 when DS was born, 40 when DD was born). DD is now 1 and I have just ordered new glasses.

BurnThisDiscoDown Mon 28-Jan-13 20:47:22

It's difficult to say, sometimes it goes back to what it was, sometimes it stays as it is after pregnancy. One patient I saw took a year to go back to normal, but it's usually faster! Sorry, that wasn't helpful really! blush

florry88 Mon 28-Jan-13 20:44:31

ek dont like to be the barer of bad news but it possibly wont settle down, it has probably changed and you need new specs, sorry

hobnob57 Mon 28-Jan-13 15:47:10

Well, I'm just assuming it does, otherwise maybe I should be getting worried!

Mehrida Mon 28-Jan-13 15:23:49

I didn't know that your prescription could change when pg! Hmmm, have just bought two new pairs... confused

hobnob57 Mon 28-Jan-13 11:11:44

Can anyone advise me when you eyes settle down after pg? My right eye totally change prescription when I was pg and I was better off without my specs. It is still blurry through my glasses 4 months on and I'm desperate to see properly. But I don't want to fork out for new specs if my eyes are still adjusting to my hormones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now