Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Freaking out about cervical cancer!

(3 Posts)
anywinewilldo Sun 27-Jan-13 17:09:29

The last few times I have had intercourse I have had a tiny amount of bleeding - more of a slight pinkish stain, not bright red blood. I have a history of abnormal smears and CIN 1 diagnosed by biopsy which returned to normal by itself.

My GP has referred me back to colposcopy "as a precaution" given my history. I am now really scared about the possibility of cervical cancer especially as she said she saw a red abnormal area on my cervix when she examined me. Also, since she examined me, I have had some pelvic discomfort, which I've never experienced before after an internal.

I am 42. Anyone with similar experience?

roughtyping Sun 27-Jan-13 17:12:28

I'm 27. I had an abnormal smear a few years ago, CIN3 and treatment. All ok now.

I sometimes bleed after sex - just little bits, mentioned this to nurse when I had my last smear. She said nothing looked abnormal. Smear came back clear, I've no STIs etc. I wouldn't panic yet <un-mumsnetty hugs>

OrangeLily Sun 27-Jan-13 17:21:50

It could be an abrasion (u think this is what it's called).

If you are on hormonal contraception this can be a side effect.

Don't worry about the colposcopy, it's not too uncomfortable. I have them regularly for something similar and I'm really healthy! They'll probably take a biopsy which just feels like a few little nips.

Best of luck and don't worry. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now