Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

lupus?

(3 Posts)
mumtoaandj Sat 26-Jan-13 07:56:54

i will- will they think i am a hypochondriac? do i say i think i have lupus or please listen again to my symptoms and look at my face.

I would mention it and ask for a referral to get it checked - a lot of GP's are not familiar with it at all - it took mums GP 15 years to refer her and she is now confirmed as having it.

mumtoaandj Sat 26-Jan-13 07:50:14

could i have lupus? i have suffered with clinical depression since i was 18 (now 36). My most recent bout started september following a miscarriage. I felt physically poorly for month, very cold, unable to warm up, extremely sleepy and weight gain, i had my thyroid checked in october apparently all ok. For the last 2 months i have had terrible arm ache, my lower forearms and upper arms ache so much as if i have been wallpapering the ceiling. I cannot comb my hair without the heavy ache taking over. I am physically exhausted, have had to stop work from sheer exhaustion. the doctor thinks it is depression.
I have also had a red rash across my cheeks since october- which doesnt go. I did mention this to the doctors in october but nothing was said.
So i googled the rash and i am pretty sure it looks like the lupus rash but not as clustered.
i had a full blood test last week and everything ok.
should i mention lupus or just be quiet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now