Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood test result high kidney levels

(4 Posts)
sannaville Fri 25-Jan-13 12:33:39

Hi all, had some issues recently very sore back, frequent urination, tired, irritable, headaches, high BP etc. am only 31, doc rang today and said blood test showed quite high kidney levels and that would only occur as an error if I was severely dehydrated when blood was taken. Got to have repeat bloods in two weeks and an a ultrasound of kidneys and bladder. Anyone know what else could cause this?. I do take talents for epilepsy that can cause kidney stones but never had issues with these. Am bit worried now sad I've been waking with awful backache which I never ever get either

sannaville Fri 25-Jan-13 19:05:41

Anyone?

nomadwantshome Fri 25-Jan-13 19:58:04

That's pretty poor communication from your gp. Please phone and book an appt so s/he can explain what that means. I'm sure they will understand that these results are worrying (although may be nothing serious) can you take someone with you?

Sorry nothing more to add as I don't know!

sannaville Fri 25-Jan-13 20:11:56

Thanks nomad I think I will

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now