Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

IBS - Pencil thin BMs?

(4 Posts)
PetronellaSterling Thu 24-Jan-13 16:30:33

Embarrassed to be asking this, but for the last few days I've been having what can only be described as pencil thin BMs. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Should I see a GP at all - and if yes, after how long? I feel well otherwise, but (stupidly) googled and am now stressing that it could be something serious. I'm not sure whether it's IBS or not, but when I looked at various IBS websites, I seem to fit a lot of the symptoms.

Elibean Thu 24-Jan-13 19:12:21

Yes, I think it would be wise to see a GP - odds are its IBS (I've had the odd day or two of this, and its been nothing but stress!) but as it can also be a symptom of bowel disease, its worth checking out.

But I don't know how long I'd wait, probably more than 'a few days'. Another few days?! Sorry, not much help on that one wink

Catsdontcare Thu 24-Jan-13 19:14:01

My rule of thumb for something like this is two weeks unless other symptoms start to appear. Sounds gross but you may want to keep a bit of a diary.

tabbycat15 Fri 25-Jan-13 08:43:37

It wouldn't hurt to see your Dr. You might need to increase your fibre intake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now