Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lump like a pea? TMI apology and warning

(7 Posts)
whatsupwithmyfanjo Fri 25-Jan-13 20:10:28

Well went to the docs. She said its a milium and nothing to worry about. Phew.

BettySuarez Tue 22-Jan-13 22:33:33

Bartholins Cyst

Try a warm bath with a cup of salt in it, it can help to bring it to a natural conclusion.

They usually go of their own accord but I quite enjoy popping mine blush

Sunnywithshowers Tue 22-Jan-13 22:30:50

It sounds a bit like a cyst, like Ruched says.

I've had these before and they've gone eventually - a hot flannel does wonders to get the bastard to go down.

If you're worried, go and see your GP or nurse. I was embarrassed when I went to the doc about one but she was incredibly matter of fact about it.

PandaG Tue 22-Jan-13 22:28:29

sounds like a Bartholin's cyst to me. V common, and nothing to worry about. Ask your GP though for confirmation.

RuchedCurtain Tue 22-Jan-13 22:27:11

Bartholin's cyst?

Beamur Tue 22-Jan-13 22:25:18

Hello. I've no idea what it is, but please do ask your GP - he/she can best advise. Don't ignore it and frighten yourself with 'what ifs'

whatsupwithmyfanjo Tue 22-Jan-13 22:23:16

not green, or like a marrowfat! Its hard but I can move it a bit, sort of round with a white head but will not pop (as if its a lump of hard pus insisde) Its on the inside of the smooth shiny skin on my outer labia.

Sorry TMI folks. Am going Doctors about something else tomorrow, might try and pluck up the courage to ask her. blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now