Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rheumatoid arthritis - hot wax machine for hands?

(5 Posts)
MarcelineTheVampireQueen Mon 21-Jan-13 22:55:26

I used to have this done as a child-alternate between wax and ice dependant on whether I was in a flare. See if her joints are heated, get her doing her hand exercises if you can and use the appropriate ice or heat/

3littlerabbits Mon 21-Jan-13 22:41:38

Thanks my and not, really helpful. Ill ask if her joints get hot - so glad you mentioned that.

nothruroad Mon 21-Jan-13 18:17:06

I have RA and used to get this done in hospital years ago. It is very soothing. If her joints get hot when she has a flare then I've been told it's better to use ice instead. Mine are always hot so no more wax for me sadly.

Mynewmoniker Sun 20-Jan-13 16:14:21

I have a little arthritis in my wrists and have had a wax manicure. Not specifically for the arthritis. It was lovely and warm and soothing. If I could afford to buy the bath and wax I would do.

3littlerabbits Sun 20-Jan-13 15:57:04

Hi, my mil has RA, she gets injections which help but has very painful hands on and off, phnes us in tears (lives in another country). I was looking on the net at things that might help a bit. Does anyone have any ex perience on hot wax bath machine things? I would buy her one if it might help but dont want to be sucked into buying something useless. Or is here anything else anyon could recommend? Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now