Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rheumatoid arthritis - hot wax machine for hands?

(5 Posts)
MarcelineTheVampireQueen Mon 21-Jan-13 22:55:26

I used to have this done as a child-alternate between wax and ice dependant on whether I was in a flare. See if her joints are heated, get her doing her hand exercises if you can and use the appropriate ice or heat/

3littlerabbits Mon 21-Jan-13 22:41:38

Thanks my and not, really helpful. Ill ask if her joints get hot - so glad you mentioned that.

nothruroad Mon 21-Jan-13 18:17:06

I have RA and used to get this done in hospital years ago. It is very soothing. If her joints get hot when she has a flare then I've been told it's better to use ice instead. Mine are always hot so no more wax for me sadly.

Mynewmoniker Sun 20-Jan-13 16:14:21

I have a little arthritis in my wrists and have had a wax manicure. Not specifically for the arthritis. It was lovely and warm and soothing. If I could afford to buy the bath and wax I would do.

3littlerabbits Sun 20-Jan-13 15:57:04

Hi, my mil has RA, she gets injections which help but has very painful hands on and off, phnes us in tears (lives in another country). I was looking on the net at things that might help a bit. Does anyone have any ex perience on hot wax bath machine things? I would buy her one if it might help but dont want to be sucked into buying something useless. Or is here anything else anyon could recommend? Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now