Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Moles.. Should I be worried if

(5 Posts)
devonsmummy Sat 19-Jan-13 16:44:33

Thanks.
Will make appointment for dr to check it

digerd Sat 19-Jan-13 15:30:35

PS
And don't touch it until sure it is a black head or similar.

digerd Sat 19-Jan-13 15:27:51

My cancerous mole was a melanoma and was black and hard, with a small blob on the top, which was a secondary on itself. And it was big.
As it is on your back and you can't see it properly , mine was on my arm, I'd get it checked with GP. When mine was diagnosed I then studied it and it had a red ring round it. Next day the red ring had turned darker and there was another red ring on the out side , so was rapidly growing. Ask GP if it has a red ring round the edge.
It maybe nothing, but better to be on the safe side, as mine was taken out just in time.

devonsmummy Sat 19-Jan-13 12:52:33

Showering - not showing!

devonsmummy Sat 19-Jan-13 12:52:03

I've taken the skin off the top of a raised mole?
I have a slightly raised mole on my back & I often get a spot right near it.
The last few days it felt like I had a spot there whilst showing - so have given it a prod & a squeeze.
Today it felt harder so squeezed & have taken the skin off with my nails.confused
Managed to manoeuvre my phone to get a pic & in 99% sure it's my mole!!
Do I need to worry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now