Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Leg wouldn't work

(4 Posts)
Tigerbomb Tue 15-Jan-13 11:28:42

Got out of bed this morning and my right leg gave way and I ended up on the floor with a large bang. It was 10 mins before I could put any weight on it and it "working"

There was no numbness, no pain, no pins and needles. I could wriggle my toes and feel them but the leg just wouldnt move.

Now been on it for a couple of hours and the leg doesn't feel like mine, ifykwim.

Any ideas what it could be?

poppysqueak Tue 15-Jan-13 16:10:52

Dear OP
I don't wish to frighten you but this was exactly what happened to my Mum and she was diagnosed as having had a TIA (mini stroke). Perhaps best get it checked out.

digerd Tue 15-Jan-13 16:50:58

Ag
Agree with POPPY. But it could be you slept on your ankle in a wrong position.
I had that while sitting and when I got up, my ankle gave way - did not collapse - but felt spastic-..It got back to normal after a couple of days. But then I know I have problems with joints and soft tissue if too long in a bent position.

Tigerbomb Tue 15-Jan-13 20:47:24

Thanks for both your advice

Well the leg still doesn't feel like mine - but it doesn't feel so "alien" now. I could move toes but not the leg itself. When I pinched it I certainly felt it - it just wouldnt move. I had been up 20 mins earlier with no problems <went back to bed blush for another 30 mins>

I will make an appt for the GP as I have cardiac problems and a history of MI's so will follow it up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now