Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

***Tamoxifen 32***

(990 Posts)

step this way dear ones...the trolley will be here in a sec...

smee Sun 20-Jan-13 13:42:29

Boo! I missed that SR won the prize.

Copthallresident Sun 20-Jan-13 13:43:17

smee snap, especially the dead ringer for Julie Christie bit!

smee Sun 20-Jan-13 13:46:09

Waving to twin. grin

Copthallresident Sun 20-Jan-13 14:17:03

Triplets, with Julie C!

sandripples Sun 20-Jan-13 16:16:48

I'm delighted with my new umbrella - thank-you very much! have always wanted one with a parrot on the end.

The hills are alive........dadadadadadaaada

KurriKurri Sun 20-Jan-13 17:18:41

I See we are over run with Julies grin who'd have thought? - Copt I was convinced you were an Ermintrude grin <ducks>

No sign of Rupert today - I hope he's OK and thawed out.

Hope everyone is having a good sunday - more snow forecast here - and its just starting to fall now.

DD had a good time last night - it was very successful, - was an uber posh do full of local dignitaries, and they were plied with food and drink, Mr Opera singer went around saying what a fab accompanist DD is and a brilliant sight reader (also he had a bit of a moment where he forgot some of his words and DD covered for him in her playing). So hopefully she'll get some more gigs with him.

Many Happy Returns Mr Ned, - hope there is plenty of cake for the trolley

I'm using DH's notebook as my laptop is making the most hideous noise, its very dinky but seems to have a lot of extra keys which I don't have on mine, which has confused my poor old brain, I keep typing \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ when I want to press shift!

Waving to SR -<admires umbrella> grin

love to all

topsyturner Sun 20-Jan-13 18:11:05

grin At you all being overcome with the Holy Spirit !

Julie is obv as common as muck if you are all named it .....
<ducks , runs , giggles>

If you could choose your own name today , what would you pick ?

Just back from visiting HND
She is looking so much better , although she has developed a rather alarming hump on her back grin
She is bored and wants to come home , which I take as a very good sign .
Hopefully discharged on Tuesday .

Copthallresident Sun 20-Jan-13 19:18:17

KK We do indeed run everywhere, always late for everything but our penitence is real, and underneath our wimples we have curlers in our hair, it's a problem ......... wink

I have a feeling these Julies wouldn't last a minute in the abbey, but we are also good at looking gorgeous whilst sledging, with Omar Sharif............ Somewhere my love, dah da da dah dah dah....

Sounds like DD had an amazing experience and that Mr Opera was lucky to have her.

Topsy Glad to hear hnd on the mend.

Copthallresident Sun 20-Jan-13 19:19:46

Why does everyone keep mentioning ducks hmm

smee Sun 20-Jan-13 19:50:51

Ooh yes, Dr Zhivago. Love that film. Must dig it out and bore DH with it. We were gorgeous in that, Copt. grin

Julie is dead common, or used to be though no-one seems to name girls it anymore. Not sure what I'd be called if I had a choice. Will ponder..

Hooray for HND being bored. Tell her we'll make extra room for her hump on the sofa. smile

Kurri, your DD's v.clever. Will she get more work from it? Did she bring any crumbs back from the posh people's table for you?? <holds out plate, hopeful>

Wonder how AtoZ is now? Are you okay out there??

Final snowball fight in the dark just finished, so DS in bed and I'm knackered. I shrieked like a glrl when DH got one down my neck. Whole street must have heard. blush

dd is a star kk ! smile
Not sure what I'd like to be called really - Thea is nice (prob. because it's like Theo)

Gigondas Sun 20-Jan-13 21:45:15

My name was unusual til it was used a couple of years later for a kid in one of the 70s sitcoms. To make up she gave my sis a name that is both unspellable and unpronounceable.

I could barely think of a name for mini gig let alone another for me .

Feeling bit better tonight but not looking forward to Tuesday. Good luck tomorrow tipsy wink

Kurri that's ace about dd concert.

What are bets school is off tomorrow copthall?

PenisColada Sun 20-Jan-13 21:57:48

Just checking in . Not dealing with this wait well and the paranoia is fighting its way out.

I just want my surgery done. Soon. I want my treatment to be done soon and I want to get rid of the cancer and get on with my life with my family.

PenisColada Sun 20-Jan-13 21:58:12

Sorry bit ranty there.

Gigondas Sun 20-Jan-13 21:59:35

No point in not being ranty- I would have been the same if it had hhappened to me.
Am not going to say a week will make no odds really to cancer (it won't) as I know it's the operation an just getting on that is bothering you.

PenisColada Sun 20-Jan-13 22:07:10

I think cabin fever is setting in. Friends all seem to have colds / bugs so not seen anyone much all week. The weather is not good for walks.

I was all prepared for last week and the impact of the cancellation is sinking in. It had better not happen again.

Apologies, will resume trying to be cheerful and coping soon.

Gigondas Mon 21-Jan-13 10:04:45

Don't beat yourself up pen - I have no doubt that you will feel cheerful and cope again but ATM things are shitty so its ok to feel like that.

Am having a wobbly day myself- doesn't help that have got a mindset of if I am really worried It must mean bad news as I remember how worried I was before scan where it had spread.

Topsy - candle lit here x

smee Mon 21-Jan-13 10:17:50

Is it Topsy's results day?? Candle lit here too then. xx

Gig, how long before you have your results? Am here to distract as much as you need. I don't know how it works with you, but imagine no change is a good outcome and any change bad? Hope you don't mind me asking, but I seem to remember when it was me finding people not asking weird. Tell me to shut up though obviously. smile

Pen, moan, rant as much as you want. Must be horrid waiting. Are you keeping busy? Expect you're finding it v.hard to concentrate.

MAS when's your appt? Is it tomorrow? How much snow have you got? Lots here now, but I think you have even more.

Not much going on here apart from work. brew for anyone who wants one.

Gigondas Mon 21-Jan-13 10:28:48

Thanks smee- appt tomorrow at 2. Yes no change (or even, too much to hope for shrinking ) is good - movement or change not good. And I don't mind talking about it here or indeed in rl as helps to acknowledge that am nervous.

Part of paranoia is shoulder pain -I know cause and have it for ages but when the pain refers (ESP down front of my chest) I get nervous. Doesn't happen if I sit up straight etc but am prone to slumping.

Mas are you able to drive easily now?

Gigondas Mon 21-Jan-13 10:30:08

Thanks smee- appt tomorrow at 2. Yes no change (or even, too much to hope for shrinking ) is good - movement or change not good. And I don't mind talking about it here or indeed in rl as helps to acknowledge that am nervous.

Part of paranoia is shoulder pain -I know cause and have it for ages but when the pain refers (ESP down front of my chest) I get nervous. Doesn't happen if I sit up straight etc but am prone to slumping.

Mas are you able to drive easily now?

smee Mon 21-Jan-13 10:37:24

Shoulder's due to mini-gig, am sure. I'd bet 9 out of 10 mothers get it. I know I did. Though obviously paranoia's where your mind goes. Be so brilliant if shrinking's the outcome. I will vibe for that and keep doing so until you're back tomorrow.

Even without mets I anxt. Currently have a sharp on/off pain in my breast. I think it's due to the capsular contraction round my implant, but still makes my mind race. Had it before Christmas and it went so I doubt it's anything sinister, but still. Bloody cancer. grr...

Gigondas Mon 21-Jan-13 10:40:05

It just completely changes your mind set. Even with mets not all of it is cancer but I find myself angsting about everything.

Going to try to crack on with some ou stuff .

Gigondas Mon 21-Jan-13 10:41:26

And yes shoulder is due to slumping posture as lost muscle on that side and lie/roll/hold mini gig on this side. Fact mini gig could play prop for England babies doesn't help smile.

smee Mon 21-Jan-13 10:43:59

grin at mini Gig as Prop. Keep busy then. Not easy, but at least it passes the time.

topsyturner Mon 21-Jan-13 11:00:25

Morning All

Hugs to Pen and Gigs
And thanks for all the candles .
Apt at 2.30 (I think , must dig out my letter ...)

Snowing away here .
Hoping roads will be ok this afternoon

Who's manning the breakfast trolley ?
I feel the need for crumpets and butter .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now