Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

***Tamoxifen 32***

(990 Posts)

step this way dear ones...the trolley will be here in a sec...

Happy Birthday Ashokan - am so pleased that things seem a bit brighter for you and hope you have a wonderful day grin
I'm a dog by the way - dh is a Snake,can't remember T's one.
Mis-Shapes are very yummy-we bought some at a choc. outlet place in Portsmouth. Am stuffing chocs in before end of Tuesday - Valentine's chocs are early plus of course rose & violet creams. And I shared a Star Bar yesterday with T.
Hope junior ned is feeling much better !
And jane lots of good luck tomorrow with new job - it'll be fab I'm sure smile

AshokanFarewell Sun 10-Feb-13 10:29:21

Thank you MAS smile enjoy your chocs. Are you giving them up for Lent?

I am shock !

PenisColada Sun 10-Feb-13 13:26:51

I think I am a rat.

I have made 2 enormous trays of rocky road this morning. The whole house smells of chocolate loveliness.

Looking forward to lunch with ned tomorrow. Hope it stops raining though it had just poured all day.

I am feeling physically much better but the thoughts are going round and round in my head now.

PenisColada Sun 10-Feb-13 13:33:21

Happy birthday ashokan and really glad to hear that things are ok with your boyfriend.

Hope the waiting for results is as good as it can be mas

NedSchneebly Sun 10-Feb-13 14:21:27

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ashokan hope you are having a lovely day with family and BF. Sending you lots of birthday hugs smile

LittleNed much better today - seems to have been just a 24 hour thing. Phew! Some kids in the village have been laid low for a week with this bug shock

V v v v v much looking forward to lunch with pen - glad you're feeling better in yourself love. We can have a good old natter tomorrow! Hope chocolately loveliness will lift your spirits this soggy Sunday smile

Not many days left MAS til Lent! How much have you raised for your charity so far? Was a pretty substantial total last time you posted on FB!

Hope everyone is OK this wet afternoon. We are watching trashy movie and stove is lit. Mmmmmmmm. . .

PenisColada Sun 10-Feb-13 14:46:45

I wish someone would light my stove, I am working up the energy to go and chop some kindling in the pouring rain.

I think it's a bit over £500 ! some more is promised too.
Am waiting for new jobs to hit my desk (gig I think wanted some pictures!) and trying to think of new projects for myself - ds and dh gone to watch rugby with dad and brother at parents house.
Have a fab lunch tomorrow pen and ned an report back !

Sometimesiwonder Sun 10-Feb-13 15:02:49

I definitely wanted a pic, MAS, are you ready for me to dig out the stuff? More than happy to do it now if you are.

Having a confusingly quiet day - dd was taken bowling and then to the pictures by her BFs family and now they've taken her home to play. Have just blissfully watched Fried Green Tomatoes without interruption. I could do mor of this (lazy git emoticon needed)

yes, do sometimes - i can at least be planning it grin

I might sit and watch telly- boys are off watching rugby with parents and brother smile

smee Sun 10-Feb-13 15:45:14

Have had no broadband. Can't believe how much I missed it! Still intermittent, so am typing quickly..

Meant I missed saying good vibes for your scan, MAS. Was thinking of you though. Curling up and watching tv sounds sane on a grim wet day like today. x smile

Happy Birthday, Ashoken. Does this mean you're a v.old 22? grin

Have we heard from AtoZ? Hope she's okay.

Good to hear little Ned's already on the mend. Well done on another week done at work. T's got a week until half term too.

Jane, hope you find some clothes that feel right and find your new office tomorrow. grin

Sometimes, that sounds like bliss. Have just sent DH and DS out, but have to do a bit of work. G'ah. In fact, had better get on. Waving to all. Will try and drop by later and catch up a bit more. smile

Sometimesiwonder Sun 10-Feb-13 17:25:05

I had to work a bit,too. Grim on a Sunday.

It's a week to half term here as well. But M's going to a drama thing for most of the week so as long as that goes well I should be able to get on with some work. It's her idea, honest. Can't work out the emoticons on the mobile site, but think I need a big cheesy grin.

KurriKurri Sun 10-Feb-13 19:58:06

Happy Birthday Ashokan smile xxx So pleased everything is Ok with your boyfriend, and hope that you had a lovely day today.

MAS - am available for hand holding while you wait for results, hopefully it won't be too long smile

pen and ned - have a fab lunch tomorrow, - where are you planning to go? Eat a nice big pudding for me grin Hope little ned is feeling better today too smile

Good luck with first day at new job tomorrow jane - will be thinking of you, but I'm sure you will be absolutely fine.

waving to Sometimes, and Smee - don't work to hard either of you.

topsy - I want to see a picture of you in a cheetah coat - you need to update your profile grin

Copt - apparently I am a Pig shock - how can that be confused, <wipes swill from chin>

smee Sun 10-Feb-13 20:05:00

DS looked it up and says I'm a snake. sss.. Topsy is there one for cheetah? grin

topsyturner Sun 10-Feb-13 20:42:49

I'm a rooster .
Wish I was a cheetah Smee ... grin

Coat not arrived yet .
Will model it for you when it gets here !

Waving to all.

Sorry I have been missing, I haven't forgotten you all and welcome to all the newbies. I will try to catch up tomorrow with all your posts. Hope I haven't missed too much.

It was the first anniversary of my dad's death last week which turned into a bit of a nightmare as DS1 and I had the mother of all rows and I crumbled as to me my dad's death was the start of everything and I just felt like history was repeating itself. Stupid I know but I think I'm just a bit stressed. Another stress (sorry I am being very self centred) but I am due back to work in 2 weeks and I have contacted them a couple of times to see if I am entitled to any of last year's leave (cheeky I know but I would like to use it as a phased return) and they just either ignore it or tell me they will get back to me and don't. Sorry to make this all about me.

Hugs to all those who need it and I think I did see jchoc is starting her new job tomorrow so good luck with that. I really will try and catch up on all your news.

hugs for gracie - anniversaries are so awful sad xxx
Feeling full of hideous cold again- yuck-thought it was going away.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 10-Feb-13 22:40:13

Happy Birthday Ashokan - a little late in the day I'm sorry.
Well I am putting all my worrying energy to good use. I got DD to help me go through her toy/crafting/tat collection we have a huge amount of recycling and two bin liners in the bin. One good job done. I have finished two small crocheting projects, ordered the wool to finish a knitting project and ordered wool to made some little easter decorations. I am going to keep myself busy, busy no time to think - best way forward.
Apart from the gorgeous yellow boob that is now misshapen ( I think thats the swelling) and the huge hole covered in steristrips and waterproof dressing it all seems a little like it happened to someone else.

Hope swelling goes down soon lone
Thanks for hand holding dear kkenvy

jchocchip Sun 10-Feb-13 23:09:58

Hope you had a good birthday Ashocan !
Thanks everyone for the good wishes for my new job. Went to Asda for new cardi and got some new trousers too - boring black but better than finding string to hold up my old trousers (4 sizes bigger!). Dh ate my misshapes shock from homebargains. Prob for the good really...
Lone the knitting projects sound good. I remember the yellow boob now.
Nighty night lovelies!

jchocchip Sun 10-Feb-13 23:15:14

gracie try not to be too hard on yourself. Aniversaries are hard anyway and you have had loads to contend with this year. Hope the leave gets sorted. I went back on phased and didn't have to use leave for it as that was how my doc signed me as fit. Had loads of leave left which I asked to carry forward and they let me smile

Gigondas Mon 11-Feb-13 07:14:20

Good luck jchoc - hope it goes well.

Gracie- is there an occupational health adviser? There should be and you should be entitled to phased return. Ring Macmillan to find out more. Am so sorry that you are having a hard time as the anniversary would be hard enough without all this.

Mas-well done on getting thru scan and candle lit.

Belated happy birthday ashokan- hope you had a lovely day.

Amber- how is ds?

bet lynch topsy -love the coat.

Waves to kurri, smee, sometimes, kitten and everyone else.

Wish me luck as taking teething mini gig for her jabs today so may need wine later.

good luck with mini gig jabbing and good luck jane

PenisColada Mon 11-Feb-13 08:08:26

Good luck with the jabs gig and hope today goes ok jchoc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now