Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

***Tamoxifen 32***

(990 Posts)

step this way dear ones...the trolley will be here in a sec...

fabulous news gracie -yay !!!!!!!!!
sad though for your friend smee - bugger.
Had the nicest time with my friend - nightie not mentioned - lots of cake and coffee swiss roll is yum. He bought me and mum huge bunches of flowers though dh has removed the lilies from my bunch as he's allergic to the pollen - bah !

Glad you had a nice time mas. I love flowers although have ruined so many clothes by forgetting to trim the lillies.

KurriKurri Sat 26-Jan-13 18:45:49

yay for gracie!! gringrin and phew - celebrations tonight I'm guessing smile

Smee - so sorry about your friend, - so many young people seem to get this illness - I hope everything goes well for her and she makes a good recovery.

MAS - glad you had a nice day with your friend, -love the nightie story grin - and I love coffee swiss roll - I haven't had any for years <goes all misty eyed and nostalgic>

Pen - I am four and half years from DX and I still haven't got my head round the fact that I've had cancer, - every so often it creeps up and hits me like a ton of bricks, and its scary. It will take time, - you get so caught up in the treatment, tests, surgery and you kind of hold yourself together to get through it, but afterwards when you get a moment to reflect is when it can be hard. And being in hospital in that clinical environment brings it home a bit. xx

HND - hope you had a fun day with your friend, and that you are feeling less squelchy today.

Ned - well done for getting another week at work under your belt - you are doing well my lovely. My arse will be doing a sell out tour this summer, and signing autographs on this thread. - I did notice the photographer had to keep changing the lens in his camera - I am suspecting wide angle was needed.

A friend of mine who was due to have her reconstruction last week (after her first date was cancelled) got a call to say her plastic surgeon fell in the snow and broke her elbow - so can't do any ops for a few months - the weather has a lot to answer for!

I did an hour of power yoga this morning (from a DVD featuring Rodney Yee - yes that's right, the famous Rodney Yee who? who?) it was pretty energetic but quite good fun. Old lady dog kept trying to lie down and go to sleep on my yoga mat - she is not a fan of old Rodney it seems.

Love to all xx

gracie am drinking your health tonight with a delicious margarita (hic!)

Gigondas Sun 27-Jan-13 10:23:49

That's brilliant gracie smilesmilesmilegrin hope you have a sore head.

brew Anyone? Dh taken big gig swimming while I wait on a teething mini gig.

Copthallresident Sun 27-Jan-13 12:23:56

smee <very impressed at remote juggling skills> I have absolutely no idea what DH can do with remote, whenever he talks to me about computer or remote, actually remotes, there are 4 of them confused all I can hear is blah blah blah. So I just muddle through randomly pressing buttons and hope for the best..... I think he could probably achieve world domination with them, which possibly explains need for remote domination......

It is horrible to hear of yet another young woman with Cancer, I was the oldest in my little support group, at 43 , and we all had young children. Grr. Hope it is a easily treatable one.

gracie more good news! smile

pen hope they let you out today, hospitals are very depressing places

hnd hope boob has stopped dribbling, and is settling down to it's undoubted ultimate awesomeness. Friend had problem with bit of flap dying , actually killed off by chemo , but it is lovely now. They did not bring in the leeches though, they would have sorted it!! Did you see my post that my lovely horse played role in early use of leeches to control infection, back in 70s, vet wrote papers on him and everything. He went on to gallop the moors for decades, are you feeling frisky???

Happy Sunday morning, oops afternoon to everyone

PenisColada Sun 27-Jan-13 19:22:51

I am home. Have enough pills to sink a ship as my ca levels still low. Have not slept properly at all in hospital. Very tired.

It is hitting me now that I have something wrong with me so emotionally pretty wobbly too.

Copthallresident Sun 27-Jan-13 19:53:35

Pen I hope you get a good night's sleep, it's a really tough time, operations leave you depressed anyway, as well as putting your illness centre stage and in your face. However, honestly you will get through this, and you will smile again. There really is life after Cancer, lots of it! Including champagne and smoked salmon for Sunday tea (hic!) on the trolley....

jchocchip Sun 27-Jan-13 20:34:09

Lost my post sad
Really glad you are home, pen you will be able to rest now you are in your own bed.
I've just about recovered from my Friday night out in time for work tomorrow...

amberlight Mon 28-Jan-13 06:26:03

Yes please for that brew. Morning all.
Still being zero use on mn at the mo but waving at people as I'm reading through.

welcome home pen !

jchocchip Mon 28-Jan-13 08:21:54

Morning all. Must go and get my computer from work in one direction then go and work in a different office this pm. And pick up a repeat prescription on the way past the doctors. TOM arrived and blood everywhere again, hence need for script! Sorry if tmi. I could always cope before tamox, now it feels like I can't be more than an hour away from a loo.
Did you manage to sleep, pen ?

Welcome home pen hope you had a good night's sleep.

Hope everyone ok today. Very chilly out and rain again.

Hope you get your prescription sorted jchoc. That sounds pretty miserable.

smee Mon 28-Jan-13 09:27:24

Freezing here too, but that's because the boiler's broken. hmm

Waving to Pen. Hope you're tucked up and being waited on. You're bound to feel a bit weepy. GA does that to you, but also the reality starts to kick in a bit more post op I think. Natter on here if it helps. If anybody's going to understand a teeny bit of how you're feeling, it's probably us. smile

Jane, that sounds grim. I don't miss all that at all, though shock as found a hair growing out of my neck yesterday. Is that the first old lady whisker?! I have plucked, but am pondering the need for sucky sweets and cardies.. grin

Amber, you're always so busy. Hope you're okay amidst it all. Lovely to see you even if only fleeting. smile

We haven't heard from AtoZ for a while. Do hope she's alright. If you're out there, AtoZ we haven't forgotten you xx

Waving to all others. brew on here too for all who need one.

PenisColada Mon 28-Jan-13 09:27:49

What a lovely night in my own bed. I slept well but woke up pretty stiff. Easing now though.

I had a chance to read through the thread properly and really appreciate your experiences of dealing with this. It really helps that what I am feeling is normal. Today I hope to make some flapjacks and cakes for lunch boxes to return to some sort of normal.

Fantastic news gracie

HerNextDoorAt21 Mon 28-Jan-13 09:55:14

Morning all. Another cold and grey day here. Topsy has just been round for coffee and has now gone home to laze about and watch tv do some housework. I am sitting flat on my bum doing nothing. Still have a lot of fluid escaping but feel so much cleaner with the drain bags instead of yucky dressings ..... Can't wait for it all to go though and start feeling properly clean again.

Pen, glad you are home and had a lovely sleep in your bed. I managed to sleep on my side last night which was lovely after sleeping flat on my back for three weeks. Take each day as it comes ..... It is tough having surgery, I cried a few times too as I felt very hard done to with the surgery and complications and pain ... It is very natural to get upset and say "why me?"

Amber, your lightning speed life of razzing around makes me dizzy,,be kind to yourself and park the tea trolley up and have a breather my dear.

Hope everyone else is having a pleasant morning.

KurriKurri Mon 28-Jan-13 10:03:53

Welcome home Pen - so nice to wake up in your own bed smile - how are your feeling? - I don't know anything about calcium levels, I imagine being low would make you very tired? - anyway you have the op out of the way now, which is great - onwards and upwards my lovely xx

Smee- bugger about the boiler - hope it gets fixed soon, why does heating always break when its freezing?
Hair growing from neck is the thin end of the wedge grin I am long past that stage and now sport a Brian Blessed beard (note to self -must practice loud booming voice)

jchoc - sorry you are having problems, - is the script something to staunch the flow? Mind you don't get low on iron (I only mention because I used to have horrendous periods before I had all my girl gubbins removed, and I used to get very anaemic and run down) hope you feel better soon.

waving madly to amber - always lovely to see you, - we know you are a busy woman, so don't worry about long posts - hello is fine smile - and yes I'd love a cuppa please.

morning MAS and gracie - crumpet anyone? - I can't eat them as I'm frantically dieting, so will give them to the trolley (and force any extras down skinny old DD's throat envy)

I should have been at yoga, but our car has decided to give up the ghost - huge puddle of brake fluid under it this morning, DH is cycling to town to get more brake fluid and is going to try to fix problem himself - we can't really afford a car problems atm - why do these things always come when you least want them.

I'm supposed to be going to an art club meeting half an hours drive away tomorrow and I was supposed to introduce the speaker and do all the notices etc. - but may have to cancel - I feel bad because everyone else hates doing the intro stuff, and I don't mind, so I might be landing someone with a job they hate.

KurriKurri Mon 28-Jan-13 10:05:12

OOps xposted - morning HND - lying around is exactly what you should be doing at the moment, - can you fix up a bell to ring in topsy's house when you need something? grin

smee Mon 28-Jan-13 10:08:23

Arf at Kurri, with her Brian Blessed voice. Don't feel bad about talk. Why d'you have to cancel? Too busy booming? grin

MAS, how are you today? Keeping busy?? I have lost track of where you are in your cycle, but think you must be starting another round again soon?

guaranteed to make you all smile It's a shop near us, but I thought it was cheery on a Monday. smile

smee Mon 28-Jan-13 10:12:30

Ooh, I missed you too HND. Have you got new drains in then? I hate those things. Always manage to rip them out somehow <ouch>.

Pen, I think Flapjacks are a bit above and beyond. Surely you should be reclining looking pale and mainlining chocolate? grin

KurriKurri Mon 28-Jan-13 10:22:27

No not too busy booming Smee, (although obviously that takes up a lot of my time grin) - because I don't think we'll have the car fixed by tomorrow night - DH has his 'grim' face on!

Love that clip - must show DD (when she gets up hmm)

smee Mon 28-Jan-13 10:34:42

How annoying on the car. Must be the time of year for things to break. hmm

I like that shop smee ! Bah about boiler - hope you have some heaters to keep warm.
Poor jane - sounds rotten for you.
Waves to pen and hnd - am off to do some work in a sec, just dropping by to say hello. smee have started this cycle -so far so good- am busy working too,so that'll keep me occupied grin

and grrrr about car kk -very annoying and pesky.

HerNextDoorAt21 Mon 28-Jan-13 11:06:31

Kk sorry to hear about our car ..... They are such money pits !

Topsy is being a very good friend and is on hand or anything I need mostly a wine partner !!!!. My DH is thankfully off work for a couple/few weeks as long as I need help as we have no family support in Northern Ireland.
Smee I don't have drains in thankfully but have external wound bags stuck over the leaky bits which have a tap to enable emptying (yuk). Thankfully my DH is a nursing auxiliary so very handy and used to such yukiness !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now