Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cystitis

(22 Posts)
financialwizard Tue 15-Jan-13 21:18:33

Claimed that is exactly what I have done.

ClaimedByMe Tue 15-Jan-13 18:44:12

Thats what I got too and they have sent my sample away to the lab incase I need something different but these should help until the lab results come back!

My kidneys are throbbing and I feel awful, I got my meds at half 5 and took one when dp brought them in and taking another at bedtime.

Hope your feeling better soon.

financialwizard Tue 15-Jan-13 18:04:23

Trimethoprim 200mg twice daily for seven days. I hope it kicks in soon, and I get a good nights sleep tonight!

financialwizard Tue 15-Jan-13 16:51:52

No, I couldn't get there. Being new to the area I didn't realise the nearest is 40 miles away and with a 2 year old at midnight I thought it better to see the GP, so am sitting in the waiting room now. They better give me antibiotics or I might cry!

ClaimedByMe Tue 15-Jan-13 07:30:14

Oh no! Did you get seen at OOH? I've been awake all night with throbbing kidneys and vomitting, I feel your pain.

financialwizard Tue 15-Jan-13 00:17:06

Typically it has started again, so not as lucky as I thought sad

Just called out of hours because I know it will get a thousand times worse if I don't do something now.

runawaysimba Mon 14-Jan-13 19:27:33

Good to hear! What a relief.

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 18:05:34

Try again!

Panic over nothing in the end. All that water drinking must have worked because I started feeling much better at around 11am. Really lucky this time I think.

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 18:03:11

Panic over noth

AViewfromtheFridge Mon 14-Jan-13 07:21:15

You're going to have to start a bit later and go to the doctors. No, it's not ideal, but they won't sack you and the alternative is squirming around and rushing off to the toilet every 5 minutes.

I get cystitis like that and antibiotics are the only thing that ever shifts it. I would actually be honest when you ring work, particularly if your boss is a woman.

Will you be able to get a doctors appointment this morning?

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 06:59:06

My DH is away too.

Can you tell I am panicking now!

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 06:57:50

Tesco didn't have any cystitis stuff in (very small).

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 06:56:50

Crap I have just drunk 2 glasses. I really really do not know what to do for the best. I can't call in sick on my first day.

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 06:51:13

Got cranberry juice now but still feeling awful. Am beginning to worry now because I think I am going to have to go to the GP and that is not going to look good asking for 2 hours off on my first day is it.

harassedandherbug Mon 14-Jan-13 06:49:49

Don't drink cranberry, the sugar will make it worse. Cystopurin is very good when you get Tesco.

You might need ab's though. I actually came on here for advice as I'm in such a mess with an awful bout of cystitis and kidney infection. Day 6 of ab's and I'm worse than ever, dh has taken the day off to sort kids and then me......

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 04:44:31

I am drinking lots of water at the moment, but as you can imagine it is not achieving much.

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 04:43:08

No. None by us - rural. Tesco's open at 0600 according to the website so I will go there and see if they have anything. It is slowly getting worse, so I am going to have to do something ASAP.

runawaysimba Mon 14-Jan-13 04:28:13

Do you have an after hours pharmacy nearby (I'm not in the UK, so don't know what's available)? They might be able to advise. I wish I had other handy tips but I'm very similar to you, normally need antibiotics. Would a bath at least help you feel comfortable now?

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 04:10:51

What should I do? It is getting worse. The office I have to go to is 50 minutes away. I am drinking like there is no tomorrow but the stinging is getting worse. I don't get it often anymore but when I do it normally takes a massive bomb of antibiotics. I can't call in sick on my first day, but I am going to have to do something about it and the GP shuts before I get home.

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 03:37:44

Oh no, I don't have any. I have been up drinking very diluted squash and although the 'tingle' is there it has not taken hold yet. I am hoping that by continuing to drink it might just stave it away.

runawaysimba Mon 14-Jan-13 03:20:39

Oh god, you poor thing. Do you have any baking soda? A teaspoon stirred into a glass of water can help, it's basically the same thing as Ural, and I find I can sometimes manage to knock mine on the head with that. Hope you get some relief!

financialwizard Mon 14-Jan-13 02:40:46

I don't know if this is new job nerves or not but I feel a bought of cystitis coming on which is no good because I always need a bought of antibiotics to get rid.

I thought it was starting last night before bed, then had a 'normal' wee but just woke up and had a bit of a 'stingy' one. I don't have any cranberry juice in the house so can't even drink a gallon of the stuff before I start my new job today sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now