Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Early pre-Menopause or something else?

(8 Posts)
sannaville Fri 11-Jan-13 18:35:04

Hi all for the last few months I've been having what I can only describe as hot flushes! My face flushes red and feels hot to touch, it happens when I'm stressed or for no reason at all. I'm 32 this year and have two kids and currently on the pill. Also over last few months I've become very very very irritable with wild mood swings and have awful headaches and quite tired.

I have gp app booked for nex week but just wondering if this sounds like early menopause or not or perhaps high blood pressure? I just don't feel right in myself and feel very highly strung and moody

digerd Sat 12-Jan-13 10:07:30

I think you are too young for the Perimenopause, but nothing is impossible.
Your Thyroid should be tested for being Overactive as you have some of the symptoms - hot, moody and highly strung. Have you lost weight?

sannaville Mon 14-Jan-13 12:57:00

Thanks dig no I've put on weight and don't know why I can't seem to lose it and I also have niggling bad ache

7to25 Mon 14-Jan-13 13:57:56

Problems with blood sugar control?

sannaville Tue 15-Jan-13 18:59:26

Thanks guys went to doc today and I've got high blood pressure 150/90 how high is that? I'm not sure. Anyway she wants to do bloods to check for other things as well as history of heart problems and diabetes in family. Wonderful!

YDdraigGoch Tue 15-Jan-13 19:02:33

Hot flushes are more than a red face. You feel hot and sweaty all over. Usually accompanied by night sweats, when you get really soaking with sweat.

digerd Wed 16-Jan-13 18:36:14

150/90 is a bit high, especially the bottom one, but not really bad.
My BP is always high when DR takes it, as I get uptight.
At your age 120/80 is considered the norm, although they seem to want that for 60+ now as well.
The upper one is very variable, but the bottom one does not normally change much. I wouldn't have thought your BP would cause your problems.
If tablets to reduce it make you feel better, then good.
Have you been prescribed blood pressure medication?

sannaville Wed 16-Jan-13 18:38:48

Thanks dig, not yet they want to take some blood first so got that next week to look forward to! I just feel terrible like I'm constantly snappy and really really irritable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now