Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dizziness before/during period

(10 Posts)
noddyholder Wed 09-Jan-13 18:39:07

Thanks will take a look

notnagging Wed 09-Jan-13 16:05:19

yes it was right. here is the info
http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Cyclizine.htm

notnagging Wed 09-Jan-13 16:02:17

sorry just found them & the labels worn! haven't used them since before baby as I haven't had a period for 14mthssmile tmi. I can make out CYCLIZINE? I think.

noddyholder Wed 09-Jan-13 15:18:02

I had some tests done re menopause and he said no. I think its vertigo from hormones too. It is slowing up today and I have just got so much done! Last 2 days I have been virtually house bound. Thanks for the replies and will look out for notnaggings tablets x

notnagging Wed 09-Jan-13 14:24:01

hi I got this before. doctor said it was hormone induced vertigo. have a look online & see if it matches up. I found cutting alcohol helped. she gave me some tablets. I will find them for you when I get the chance.

frazzled123 Wed 09-Jan-13 14:21:13

Could quite likely be hormonal. 47 isn't early for meno. I'm a year younger and been having meno related probs for a good five years. Dizziness is one of symptoms of peri menopause (google symptoms and you would be surprised by some of the bizarre ones....)

noddyholder Tue 08-Jan-13 23:24:47

Bump

noddyholder Tue 08-Jan-13 20:23:00

Thanks for the reply though. It is so frustrating. Seems to be getting worse or I just can't tolerate it. Have you tried anything for it?

Fuzzymum1 Tue 08-Jan-13 20:18:21

I get the same and have no answers either. It's frustrating to say the least.

noddyholder Tue 08-Jan-13 19:50:44

I have always been a bit light headed during my periods but this last year it has got so bad. For about 2 days before its mild then as soon as it starts v dizzy for 3 days and then goes. This month is awful and I am only halfway through sad haven't been out today. Blood tests showed no anaemia and not menopausal either.(47) I asked it is hormones doc said possible but offered no solutions Any ideas what I can do on these days?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now