Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dizziness before/during period

(10 Posts)
noddyholder Tue 08-Jan-13 19:50:44

I have always been a bit light headed during my periods but this last year it has got so bad. For about 2 days before its mild then as soon as it starts v dizzy for 3 days and then goes. This month is awful and I am only halfway through sad haven't been out today. Blood tests showed no anaemia and not menopausal either.(47) I asked it is hormones doc said possible but offered no solutions Any ideas what I can do on these days?

Fuzzymum1 Tue 08-Jan-13 20:18:21

I get the same and have no answers either. It's frustrating to say the least.

noddyholder Tue 08-Jan-13 20:23:00

Thanks for the reply though. It is so frustrating. Seems to be getting worse or I just can't tolerate it. Have you tried anything for it?

noddyholder Tue 08-Jan-13 23:24:47

Bump

frazzled123 Wed 09-Jan-13 14:21:13

Could quite likely be hormonal. 47 isn't early for meno. I'm a year younger and been having meno related probs for a good five years. Dizziness is one of symptoms of peri menopause (google symptoms and you would be surprised by some of the bizarre ones....)

notnagging Wed 09-Jan-13 14:24:01

hi I got this before. doctor said it was hormone induced vertigo. have a look online & see if it matches up. I found cutting alcohol helped. she gave me some tablets. I will find them for you when I get the chance.

noddyholder Wed 09-Jan-13 15:18:02

I had some tests done re menopause and he said no. I think its vertigo from hormones too. It is slowing up today and I have just got so much done! Last 2 days I have been virtually house bound. Thanks for the replies and will look out for notnaggings tablets x

notnagging Wed 09-Jan-13 16:02:17

sorry just found them & the labels worn! haven't used them since before baby as I haven't had a period for 14mthssmile tmi. I can make out CYCLIZINE? I think.

notnagging Wed 09-Jan-13 16:05:19

yes it was right. here is the info
http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Cyclizine.htm

noddyholder Wed 09-Jan-13 18:39:07

Thanks will take a look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now