Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone had this! Post nasal drop.

(17 Posts)
Meganlillymai Wed 09-Jan-13 20:14:36

That's it I'm uk aswell so I shud get it xx

fengirl1 Tue 08-Jan-13 21:43:14

Neilmed sinus rinse and bottle are very good.... Dd1 has to use this for a medical condition and it's very gentle.

Beconase or flixonase , I can't cope without my flixonase , each night 2 squirts up each nostril .
It takes about 10 days to work from the start , I have mine on a permanent repeat prescription
( I live in Wales , prescriptions are free , might be cheaper over the counter if you have to pay for yours )
It's that itchy , dry scratchy feeling that I can't bear .

dikkertjedap Tue 08-Jan-13 21:04:37

Beconase is what you need if you suffer from severe post nasal drip. You can buy it at Boots, big Tesco stores, etc. (over the counter). Really works, easy to use.

LegArmpits Tue 08-Jan-13 19:51:40

Yes, and something that REALLY REALLY helps is a Neti Pot. Google it. I boaked at the idea, then my friend got one to help with allergies and swore by it. I tried it and it actually sees off the worst of a cold in about two days. My DH is a convert now too. Can buy them cheap on eBay with the salt.

ps ignore the ridiculous Daily Fail scaremongering brain amoeba story
grin

Meganlillymai Mon 07-Jan-13 21:46:10

Thankyou il try that

Yes, I find saline nasal spray helps plus glycerine, lemon and honey for the throat.

Meganlillymai Mon 07-Jan-13 21:24:29

I wouldn't say it's painful it's just more annoying

bruffin Mon 07-Jan-13 21:20:12

Gets some honey and lemon and glycerine from the chemist. I find it sooths it, specially at night.

Meganlillymai Mon 07-Jan-13 20:49:16

Thanks people. I thought it was something serious when it was very dry. Even wat doesn't take it away I have to graze my tong along the top of my mouth to take it away but 2mins later it's back. Very annoying

Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 07-Jan-13 20:44:20

My DD 10 gets this with colds & hayfever. It gives her a cough when she lies down. The dr gave her a nasal spray which helped.

Meganlillymai Mon 07-Jan-13 20:42:11

I've never had it with a cold before. Does ur throats also feel dry at the back??

bruffin Mon 07-Jan-13 20:29:44

I get it every summer with hayfever.

hatgirl Mon 07-Jan-13 20:26:52

urm..... every cold since I was old enough to remember? I'm now concerned that other people don't get this all the time and I am a freak.

Meganlillymai Mon 07-Jan-13 20:24:53

Thankyou. I'm just worried I'm only 21 n I'm scared incase it's cancer :/

Slaymill Mon 07-Jan-13 20:17:35

here
sorry for DM link I do like Sarah though she runs Victoria Health

Meganlillymai Mon 07-Jan-13 20:14:14

Ok so I've had a runny nose or blocked nose for months. Nothing bad just annoying now and again. 2days ago I noticed I have mucus the back of my throat as if its coming down from my nose - read it was a post nasal drip, anyways. Today it's asif the back of my throat is really dry. No problems swallowing and not really painful just annoying! Also read this was part of post nasal drip. My throat looks read n one tonsil is slightly swollen ut other then that I'm good heal. Anyone had this ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now