Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can anyone help re being re-referred to occupational therapist

(3 Posts)
magso Mon 07-Jan-13 10:21:57

No reason why you should not be re-referred to the OT if the criteria for referral (and your needs) are unchanged. Discharging patients who miss an appointment without contact is standard - the patient may have moved away (and forgotten to inform of the address change) or be too unwell (like you) to attend. The patient is then discharged with a letter to the GP so the GP is aware ongoing care may be needed and arrange accordingly. Good luck.

myfavoritedayismonday Sun 06-Jan-13 20:29:21

Hi, I would have thought he would do.

WhereTheWildOnesSnow Sun 06-Jan-13 10:44:38

Hi, due to having ME I was seeing an OT, after a mixture of personal problems last year I didn't go to my appointment in May and didn't contact OT so was taken off her patients. At the time I couldn't face talking to anybody about what I was going through and was a strain to hold myself together.
I now feel like I Should go back, does anyone know if the Doc will refer me again if I ask?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now