Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone help re being re-referred to occupational therapist

(3 Posts)
magso Mon 07-Jan-13 10:21:57

No reason why you should not be re-referred to the OT if the criteria for referral (and your needs) are unchanged. Discharging patients who miss an appointment without contact is standard - the patient may have moved away (and forgotten to inform of the address change) or be too unwell (like you) to attend. The patient is then discharged with a letter to the GP so the GP is aware ongoing care may be needed and arrange accordingly. Good luck.

myfavoritedayismonday Sun 06-Jan-13 20:29:21

Hi, I would have thought he would do.

WhereTheWildOnesSnow Sun 06-Jan-13 10:44:38

Hi, due to having ME I was seeing an OT, after a mixture of personal problems last year I didn't go to my appointment in May and didn't contact OT so was taken off her patients. At the time I couldn't face talking to anybody about what I was going through and was a strain to hold myself together.
I now feel like I Should go back, does anyone know if the Doc will refer me again if I ask?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now