Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lost tampon?! TMI alert :(

(13 Posts)
FancyPuffin Sat 05-Jan-13 09:34:59

I once had one just give up and fall out

FancyPuffin Sat 05-Jan-13 09:34:08

grin

digerd Sat 05-Jan-13 09:29:06

Done it too, only couldn't remember taking it out, and hunted frantically, to find nothing. Trouble is our multi-tasking brain thinking! I try now to be more masculine and focus on one thing at a time. Do I succeed ? NO!

WhyIRayLiotta Sat 05-Jan-13 09:17:33

strikeout fail

WhyIRayLiotta Sat 05-Jan-13 09:17:01

grin Puffin I thought that's what I'd done - and as it didn't feel any different than just having one in that I must have a cavern down there!

I am so relieved though -- especially relieved that I didn't share my situation with DP!--

FancyPuffin Sat 05-Jan-13 08:58:08

Glad you found it grin

I once felt slightly uncomfortable during my period only to discover I had put 2 tampons in blush , it was seriously freaky I had this image of a magician pulling scarves out of his sleeve.

[Bucket flange]

Done it myself blush glad you are ok now smile

WhyIRayLiotta Sat 05-Jan-13 08:35:01

blush grin [very relieved emoticon ]

caffinedrip It hadn't come out of the applicator!!! I searched through the bin and found it - and it was all squashed into the tip of the applicator part. I CANNOT believe that that possibility never crossed my mind for a second!

PHEW I thought I was going mad or that childbirth had done crazy thing to my fanjo

Thankyou to everyone who replied. feel a bit dopey now

DameMargotFountain Sat 05-Jan-13 08:11:48

if you're having a really heavy period, it's possible it fell out when you were sat on the toilet.

have a deep bath asap, lie on your back and have a rummage about, it's also possible it's still in your vagina but pushed to the side.

and try not to panic - if you're still worried, give your surgery/A&E a call, they might be able to give you advice over the phone or arrange for an examination

hope you're ok

LadyKinbote Sat 05-Jan-13 08:11:11

If you're bleeding it's more likely that you forgot to put one in and your memory is from the previous occasion. The best way to find a lost one is to squat down and have a feel but if you can't find it and you're certain there's one lost you'll need to see a doctor I'm afraid!

Go check the bin incase it didn't actually make it out the applicator. smile

WhyIRayLiotta Sat 05-Jan-13 08:03:29

Shameless bump blush

I'm still worried sad and totally confused!

WhyIRayLiotta Sat 05-Jan-13 00:16:47

I changed my tampon about an hour ago. All fine and normal. I change into my jammies for watching tv. I have just gone to the loo again. And I have soaked my jammies. I wiped blush and there was loads of fresh blood - as though there was no tampon there? I had a bit of a search blush and I can't find it?! I just don't understand!?

I remember putting it in! I remember putting the wrapper into the bin. Where is it?!

So when I couldn't find it... I thought - ok I'll put another in to see if I can feel it. And nothing. I'm now back on the sofa. Everything feels normal - but I'm like WTAF? Have I two tampons there?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now