Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Mortifying IBS question

(11 Posts)
OhEmGee25 Wed 02-Jan-13 21:46:17

Id name change if I knew how...

I'm an IBS sufferer. I don't have "attacks" per se, I have the symptoms pretty much all the time. Tmi but has anyone experience of Colpermin? It's made my poo err, mentholly, minty and burns after :/

I've never tried it and having read your experience, I think I'll pass!

The small print says you may get irritation around the anus so perhaps try a different medication? I sometimes use the Boots IBS Relief tablets which I think contain Mebeverine. Avoiding trigger foods seems to be my best option though.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Wed 02-Jan-13 22:29:02

It made me puke! I can't digest the capsules it seems. I would regurgitate them whole a couple of hours after talking them. I had more success with colofac or buscopan (both available on prescription). Have you done a food diary to see if any food triggers it off?

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Wed 02-Jan-13 22:29:33

(Oh colofac is the brand name for mebeverine).

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Wed 02-Jan-13 22:31:14

Oh yes - I suffered from that!

But my IBS is now under control. One of the unexpected (but very welcome) side effects of low carbing.

OhEmGee25 Thu 03-Jan-13 09:10:56

I use buscopan too and I take laxido every day. "Crap" isn't it confused

RockinD Thu 03-Jan-13 10:25:19

Colpermin didn’t stop me farting, but at least they smelt of mint.

Try peppermint tea with every meal instead. Not so minty fresh on the way out.

landofsoapandglory Thu 03-Jan-13 10:36:25

Colpermin made my stomach burn. I take Mebeverine modified release, so they release slowy through the day, now. I drink peppermint tea, take Buscopan if I need to and have peppermint oil capsules that I take if I am depserate.

awaywego1 Thu 03-Jan-13 10:51:35

Yes-this happens to me grin ring of mintyness. Bizarre.

zcos Thu 24-Jan-13 23:44:39

Yes same with me any ibs sufferers I would recommend searching for the Sophie ibs sight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now