Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

30-day shred in January

(662 Posts)
juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 17:44:58

Anyone want to join me?

I was feeling bored of shred today so put on music and kind of made up my own workout. Its probably done sod all but at least I did something. I might try level two tomorrow for a change

orangina Fri 04-Jan-13 20:43:53

Day 4 level 1 done. Still not getting through EVERYTHING without the odd break etc. Still haven't attempted a proper press up (can't face the humiliation....). Will work up to that one...!

Yay all of us! I was actually wierdly looking forward to it today!

orangina Fri 04-Jan-13 20:44:20

And like Festive, I do add some of my own things when I can't quite face doing what Jillian wants......

Non yet blush - currently taking down Christmas tree and there are far too many needles on the floor, but I will!

Also running tomorrow morning and so may shred in the evening as well.

sweetkitty Fri 04-Jan-13 20:58:54

Day 3 Level 1 done still achey

I've never been able to do a proper push up well have done one that's about it.

Well you inspired me to actually do it WiseKneeHair Levels 3 and 2 back to back smile

Didn't seem too bad, but then I had music on, trainers on (rather than my normal bare feet blush and a proper mat).

JustAHolyFool Fri 04-Jan-13 22:44:03

Has anyone done the 6 week abs thing? I think I'll do that when I'm done with the shred.

ReturnToPlanetVenus Fri 04-Jan-13 23:05:19

Day 4 done here. Maybe a little easier, but have still not managed a proper press-up, all knees-on-the-floor still.

All my muscles hurt, and I hurt in place where I don't even have any muscles sad. But whe I did this last time, after a week the wobbly bits stopped hurting (not entirely convinced they started to go, but they certainly stopped hurting when I did the cardio bits), so I shall persevere --and punch Jillian really really hard every day in the boxing grin.

Ds handed me my weights this morning when i was making breakfast so I did 30 squat nd press thingys and 20 each side bend to the side things -not in shred (at least not in level one). I wish that could be it for the day!

WiseKneeHair Sat 05-Jan-13 10:32:46

ninjingle I'm honoured that I inspired you, but bloody hell! Level 3 AND level 2. I'm still limping through level 1. grin
Day 4 yesterday was definitely a bit easier, so I am beginning to think that I'll be able to go to level 2 after 10 days. When I started, there was no way I thought I would be ready.
Still not attempted a proper press up though.
Going to do day 5 today and I think I'll re measure myself in the hope that there is a difference.

WiseKneeHair Sat 05-Jan-13 10:34:36

Oh, meant to ask, has the OP ever reappeared? Or did she just set us up to this torture and is cackling wickedly in the corner? grin

did day three yesterday and will force myself to do day four today. I must admit though, yesterday I faced a wall of pain when doing it, today, miraculously, my muscles are finally easing. and I thought you lot past day 5 were lyinggrin

JustAHolyFool Sat 05-Jan-13 15:21:50

Did Day 2 today, was far worse than day 1.

Not too achey though. I need to get some proper weights.

proper weights help -I did it last time with water bottles, but the weights are easier to hold and make me feel like I might be able to get past level 1 this time round

WiseKneeHair Sat 05-Jan-13 17:26:23

Day 5 completed.
Starting to think about level 2. Those that have done it, how much of a step up is level 2?
Oh, I managed to do one proper press up. grin

JustAHolyFool Sat 05-Jan-13 17:29:28

I managed to do some proper press ups today too.

Day four done smile
Also less achy today. Yesterday was the worst.

Proper weights definitely help. Last time i only used .5 or sometimes 1kg but this time I am mostly using 2kg sometimes 1.5. Much easier than using cans or bottles though!

wem Sat 05-Jan-13 19:30:45

Day five done. Moved up a level as I've started and stopped Shred so many times I've got very bored with level 1. Might have been a bit premature though, it's hard! You seem to spend half of the workout in the plank position! Having moved up before doing proper press-ups, my mission now is to attempt proper plank jacks and not die. I can't see it happening any time soon!

sweetkitty Sat 05-Jan-13 22:37:41

Day 4 here sore sore sore

Level 2 is a big step up but not as much as going from nothing to Level 1, I still can't do a proper push up and DP can do about 12, if it's any consolation DP is also aching and he ran 3 marathons last year.

Done!

4.5 mile run/scramble (up and down hill a lot!) and a shred smile

Worley Sun 06-Jan-13 00:15:21

still desperate to start but can't sad did three songs with ds2 on his wii dance and I thought I was going to need oxygen lol... three days of antibiotics and steroids left then I might be able to start it again.. I'm looking forward to it !! I know it sooo worth doing it! well done every one on the first weeks almost donesmile

I missed yesterday - no time - but shredded today.

JustAHolyFool I did 6 week 6 pack over the summer. I can't remember much about it have wiped my memory. I started it because my knees were hurting with too much running/shredding, but from memory there is still lots of cardio.

wem I'd forgotten about the plank jacks. Nightmare.

My problem is with the side lunge/lateral raise jobby. I always have to stop.

mellowcat Sun 06-Jan-13 10:41:30

Level 2, day 1 done.

Mitchy1nge Sun 06-Jan-13 11:25:50

oops missed 2 days while maintaining anxious vigil in and around stables, but feel quite lean on my diet of horse carrots and electronic cigarettes coupled with exercise regime of lugging water/hay/horse around so will resume shred when I can and it can take any credit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now