Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

30-day shred in January

(662 Posts)
juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 17:44:58

Anyone want to join me?

WiseKneeHair Mon 11-Feb-13 12:06:08

Morning. Interesting links there, especially the whoosh and stall one. I'm not a fat thin person, I'm a fat fat person grin My BMI is improving though and it's under 30.
Well done on doing level 3 orangina if you think it's doable (and it is, because we are all brill), then I would recommend getting Ripped in 30 as I think it is more enjoyable.
I'm aching today after doing more exercise this weekend. I fancy a day off, but need to do it tonight as I probably won't get chance tomorrow.
Feeling pretty good today as my trousers are loose and I keep needing to pull them up. smile

ninja Mon 11-Feb-13 22:26:58

Right 8 1/4 mile run today smile Back to ripping tomorrow!

Standingonlego Mon 11-Feb-13 23:15:03

Oh no just spotted it is well past 11, too late to shred....up early in the morning instead then hmm. Did go to gym today though so guessing that counts as did lots of evil circuits and weights!

Standingonlego Mon 11-Feb-13 23:15:39

Go ninja...need to get my running going again too...

WiseKneeHair Tue 12-Feb-13 09:01:00

Well done ninja, standing hope you manage to do it this morning.
Did RI30 lv 2 last night. Felt slightly guilty as that's all I did, but then I remember that only just over a month ago it was an achievement to do lv 1 shred and I certainly couldn't have done anything else afterwards. How far we have come.

FreakoidOrganisoid Tue 12-Feb-13 09:16:54

Well done everyone, all doing really well at keeping at it.

I did nothing yesterday (apart from walking to supermarket and back so 30 mins briskish). Had a real slump day and did nothing other than going to supermarket, sorting one kitchen cupboard, baking snickers cookies and banana bread and making a lamb hotpot. Food featured highly!

Today I got up and did 25 mins strength straight away before I lost my oomph. Couldn't do any more without eating as got the shakes. Will do some abs work later and hopefully fit in a little bit of cardio even if its just dance or wii boxing with the kids.

Oh yeah I have added in some tricep exercises. Hope to see more arm tone soon!

FreakoidOrganisoid Tue 12-Feb-13 09:43:58

Orangina how are you finding 5:2 (or whichever variation)? I thought it was a load of shite and not at all sustainable when I first heard about it but I was looking at my weekly overviews on mfp and most weeks I have say 4 or 5 slightly higher days and 2 or 3 lower days. My low days are about 8-900 kcal so not fasting as such but it did make md think maybe it was a more natural way of eating than I had given it credit for.

I use mfp to log and track what I eat rather than to diet or restrict so that is completely my normal way of eating iyswim.

orangina Tue 12-Feb-13 12:12:41

Hi Freak.... am finding 5:2 ok(ish), though it is making me quite obsessed about food! I find myself noticing the calorific content of everything I consider eating, which I have never done before....

I think if I can manage it, I will give it a couple of months. I tend to do my 2 days during the week and have found that if I get up, have a cup of tea, get the kids off to school, then come back home, shred and eat my low cal breakfast (poached egg on sourdough toast) afterwards, then I'm ok. I can have miso soup early/mid afternoon, numerous cups of herbal tea and water to keep me going, and then supper in the evening (salmon + vegetables or salad for instance). I do still feel hungry when I go to bed, and often wake up very hungry in the morning, but it is do-able.

I think it was Mimi Spencer who said once you get into it, you don't miss eating, but I have not found that to be the case at all! I obsess about what I might be lucky enough to eat when it's all over..... grin

I use mfp too, and like you, to organise my day in terms of what I am going to eat that day, and only restrict the calories on my fasting days.

Part of me just thinks I ought to get a life and stop thinking about all of this so much (!), but then I found myself in a M+S changing room this morning, and OH THE HORROR!!! Not blessed with flattering lighting or a bit of room to stand back and lessen the blow, it was rather a shock! Legs like sausages and a butt like a slightly deflated balloon.....

So, am ordering ripped now, and will shred (l3) once I have cleared a load of work from my desk.....

Admire anyone who can run. Am contemplating couch to 5k.....

orangina Tue 12-Feb-13 20:30:00

Done level 3 day 2. Thighs were very sore today, so something is happening! Everyone ok and still on track?

ninja Tue 12-Feb-13 23:43:57

Not going to make it tonight, guys. Too much sorting out, work, kid stuff plus I've been feeling cold and a bit rubbish all day.

Tomorrow I promise!

FreakoidOrganisoid Wed 13-Feb-13 08:55:42

Didn't do any extras yesterday afterall. But have just done 20 mins tae bo, 10 mins strength and core and 60 sit ups. Out for the day and lunch today then cooking lasagne later so definitely needed to do it today!

ninja Wed 13-Feb-13 09:49:18

Did RI30 level 2 this morning - SO much easier than doing it at midnight! I'll have to get up and hour before the kids more often.

Might even do more tonight, but don't hold your breathe

WiseKneeHair Wed 13-Feb-13 14:04:38

Well done guys, great work outs.
I had a day off yesterday as I was out of sorts, tired and headachy.
Feel crap and bloated now today and I'm sure that is the extra food and lack of exercise.
Going to sneak off home early and do level 1&2 of extreme shed and shred later. It'll either make me feel better, or kill me. grin

FreakoidOrganisoid Wed 13-Feb-13 15:56:55

Wise take it easy, if you dont feel up to it don't push yourself too hard.

WiseKneeHair Wed 13-Feb-13 17:48:28

Fraekoid thanks, I'm not ill, was just down. Extreme shed and shred is meant to be done as lv 1 followed by lv2, she even tells you off slightly if you only do lv 1! grin I did it at the weekend and was struggling by the end. Have done it again today and it was slightly easier and I'm feeling much happier. Must be all those endorphins.

WiseKneeHair Thu 14-Feb-13 13:16:07

Feeling better today. Not going to do such a mammoth workout tonight, may do RI30 lv 2 and a couple of 10 minute solutions.

Hello all,

I've not shredded for 2 weeks shock, despite best intentions. I've done a bit of running, and we had a family bike ride today. My holiday ends tomorrow, so I will be back to shredding/6 week 6 packing from Sunday smile.

FreakoidOrganisoid Fri 15-Feb-13 19:22:47

Sounds like you've still been exercising neither smile

Didn't do anything yesterday, had a real slump day. Day out today so a fair bit of walking around then did 25 mins this eve. Was hard going though. You know sometimes you're already knackered thn realise you've only done 5 minutes??

Hopefully tomorrow will be better

WiseKneeHair Fri 15-Feb-13 21:23:51

Neither at least you've still been active. We'll wait for your update on Sunday.
Freakoid well done for doing it, I know what you mean about some days being harder than others.
Did RI30 and 30 minutes of 10 minute solutions tonight, had an incentive; I wanted wine and chocolates tonight. grin

ninja Sun 17-Feb-13 10:21:59

Nothing Thursday or Friday and away until Wednesday. sad

Then back to work.

FreakoidOrganisoid Sun 17-Feb-13 20:08:31

Strength & abs plus tae bo done today. Weight is down where I want it to be so now to try and get some tone!

WiseKneeHair Sun 17-Feb-13 22:12:45

ninja have a nice time away. You'll be able to get back to it all refreshed on Wednesday.
Well done Freakoid. I wish I just had to tone.
I've had a good weekend. RI30 lv3 and 6P6W lv1 yesterday.
Then did 6P6W again today plus 40 minutes of 10 minute solutions

FreakoidOrganisoid Mon 18-Feb-13 07:03:32

Wise the amount of exercise you are doing you will already be a lot fitter and have more muscle tone than me. You put me to shame how dedicated you are. Do you have a lot to lose? I bet you will look great very soon if you keep on with the amount you are doing. Even if the weight doesn't go immediately it will be clear you are fit and healthy from the muscle tone underneath ( and don't forget carrying extra weight means your muscles have to work harder)

ninja Mon 18-Feb-13 07:43:39

Wise, I tried RI30 lv 3 once, then back to lv 2! It's those things that kill your knees

WiseKneeHair Tue 19-Feb-13 12:45:01

Thanks Freakoid. As if today, I have a BMI of 28. I've lost 12.6 lbs and want to lose about 23 more. I used to be fit many moons ago before I had DC, but have only started to exercise regularly since Jan. I have noticed pretty big differences in a relatively short time.
I have started C25K and did day 1 yesterday. I s tally enjoyed it, which I wasn't expecting! grin
Ninja I know what you mean about RI30 lv 3, I'm probably going to have another go tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now