Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

30-day shred in January

(662 Posts)
juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 17:44:58

Anyone want to join me?

ninja Fri 08-Feb-13 21:08:33

On a conference Wednesday so did nothing, but ran and did aikido on Thursday.

Am tired but will do something tonight when I've tidied up.

What did you think of extreme shred and shed wisekneehair ?

Standingonlego Fri 08-Feb-13 21:52:18

Lapsed shredder here seeking advice! Did 9 days of level 1, loved it...then when skiing for a week and never got restarted. Should I start back at beginning or where I left off? Thoughts appreciated expert shredders out there!

WiseKneeHair Fri 08-Feb-13 22:43:33

Hi Standing I think I would do lv 1 again two or three times and if it felt ok, then move up to lv 2. If it was still hard, then I'd stay on lv 1 a bit longer. I'm sure you will know when you are ready to go to the next level.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

WiseKneeHair Fri 08-Feb-13 22:45:31

Sorry, ninja meant to say I enjoyed shed and shred. Although some of the moves were pretty weird. grin Think I'll have a go at lv 1&2 back to back tomorrow if I have time.

Standingonlego Fri 08-Feb-13 23:02:29

Thanks Wise, sounds like a plan....which will start tomorrow ;)

ninja Fri 08-Feb-13 23:07:31

Yes some of the moves are a bit odd hmm

Back to back is ok as you do get some slower moves to recover - but I have to admit by the end I was phoning some of them in!

WiseKneeHair Sat 09-Feb-13 09:00:29

Well, I'm aching today - in a good way! The back to back RI30 and extreme shed obviously did something!
Good luck standing

FreakoidOrganisoid Sat 09-Feb-13 12:20:11

Motivation needed please.

Not really feeling like the exercise is having an effect at the moment. I am a bitfitter and stronger but no visible effects. I thought belly was a bit smaller but one meal changes that. Its ok standing up but put on tight jeans and the muffin top is still just a bad and when i sit my belly just collapses into a load of flab.

I want to keep going just want more visible results I guess.

Standingonlego Sat 09-Feb-13 15:39:20

Hello, here straight from shredding! Checked back and this is day 8 L1 - following the wise plan. I survived, it is just the evil side lunges I had tried to erase from my memory. On wayward from here...cheers for the encouragement

WiseKneeHair Sat 09-Feb-13 22:05:00

Well done standing it'll get easier from here.
Freakoid do you need to lose weight, too or just tone? I need to lose 2.5 - 3 stone, so I have seen fairly drastic results, but I am watching cals as well and lost almost 10lbs. Unfortunately, shred will give you great abs, but you won't necessarily see them if there is a layer of flab in the way! Sorry, I am not trying to be rude, I'm thinking how it is for me as I don't know what you are like.

I have just done extreme shed and shred (unsure how to abbreviated, ESAS?) Lv 1 and 2 back to back and well, bloody hell! It's the hardest thing I've done in about 12 years! Thought I was getter fitter, but this put me down a peg or two!
Think I need to go and lie down in a darkened room now.

FreakoidOrganisoid Sun 10-Feb-13 09:51:34

No I don't need to lose weight especially. I'm careful what I eat as I don't want to put it on but I'm not needing to lose weight. I am a bit flabby around the middle and heavier than I always have been but it is literally 2kg so not much at all.

Its just the way my stomach collapses into flab when I sit down nd hangs down when doing planks etc that I don't like.

Yesterday I tried to do 6w6p bt it required too much coordination for me and by the time I had figured out what I was doing she had moved onto something else! So I did 30 mins tae bo and 60 sit ups instead.

FreakBelly Sun 10-Feb-13 10:04:55

Ok I have put pics on so you can see what I am whinging about. Namechanged as don't want them on my normal profile!

Sorry about the orientation, can't work out hw to sort it on phone.

Just popping in to confess that I've done nothing since my run on Monday. Hoping to have more spare time this week.

ninja Sun 10-Feb-13 13:20:50

Freakbelly/Freakoid you have a LOVELY figure - even model's bellies go wrinkly when they sit down (the daughter of my childminder is a model so I know this!)

I sympathise about the custard - I have this too. It could be kids or maybe I've always had it!

10.5 mile run today smile

FreakBelly Sun 10-Feb-13 13:44:52

Ah bless you Ninja. Do you think working on my core strength a bit more would help stop it collapsing quite so much? I don't think there is loads of fat there to lose,maybe a little.

ninja Sun 10-Feb-13 14:38:52

When you're on hands and knees can you hold it in if you try to? (sorry if that sounds a bit rude)

Working on your core should help the ability to do that I think, it's generally good for your fitness and posture too so can't do any harm!

I believe, that the plank etc are better than pressups - pressups just work on the external stomach muscles whereas the plank (I think) works on the internal core ones.

Thoses fit balls are good too

Thing is, when you lose weight you can't control where it goes from and I think if you've had kids it's just a bit looser down there!

FreakBelly Sun 10-Feb-13 15:51:48

Yeah I do plank exercises as part of my exercise. Will maybe try to do more of those.

I can kind of suck it in when im in plank but it goes very wrinkly and i still have a pouch. I guess the wrinkled skin and pouch are inevitable after having babies though.

Exercise has definitely helped. It used to extend round to the sides as well but it is just in front now.

6 weeks til i go on hol, hopefully it will tighten up a bit more before then. Its just frustrating that Im not seeing results as quickly as I would like.

WiseKneeHair Sun 10-Feb-13 16:42:04

Freak your belly is what I'm aiming for! Bellies (sp?) are NOT concave in real life and you have a lovely figure. If you think it's a bit wobbly, then yes, shred and planks/ core will help but, bloody hell, I'm envy. If I were brave, I would post a picture of mine, maybe after I've lost another two stone.

Well done on the run ninja
I've just done RI30 lv 2, then lv 1. Quick shower then I'm going to eat the roast my lovely DH has made.

Standingonlego Sun 10-Feb-13 22:12:36

Day 9 L1 done despite the Chinese New Year special Sunday stir fry and wine extravaganza smile

Standingonlego Sun 10-Feb-13 22:16:16

freak my tummy does that too, I always wear a compression vest to work out so do not have to look at it when I am doing planks blush

orangina Sun 10-Feb-13 22:30:50

Hello all and happy sunday evening...

Freak, just looked at your photos and I would be very happy to have your tummy! Mine definitely looks (ahem) "fuller" when I sit up, plus it seems to go all around (those pesky love handles.....). I recognize the hanging bit too.

(Sob)

Am assuming that if I do enough cardio and lose enough weight, then that excess hang down will at least minimise? Even if not completely disappear?!

(hopeful)

Am stuck on level 2, but am now terribly bored so think I may try level 3 tomorrow and try to get around to ordering ripped.

Am fasting again tomorrow and then I think again on Tuesday (groan).

(looks lovingly at rachels organic rice pudding about to be eaten)

Well done everyone for keeping going and ramping up the effort. Think I need to get a compression vest. Sounds very motivational....

grin

FreakoidOrganisoid Mon 11-Feb-13 10:06:05

Aw thanks everyone, you're all too kind.

I think perhaps (rather egotistically) I was thinking that as I didn't have much weight to lose, I would see muscles really quickly. And looking at the before and afters on mfp people that have got down to my size are quite ripped. But I need to remind myself that they have been working out a lot longer than me to get to that size. So hopefully I will see improvement if I just keep at it.

This article is quite interesting and reassures me a bit about my belly looking worse without the extra weight smile

I'm really aching today, tae bo is definitely working different muscles than shred! It's mostly all low impact though so good for resting my ankle. I can't cope with some of the more complicated two or three part moves but just do my own thing and hope for the best grin

orangina Mon 11-Feb-13 10:11:04

Good morning! Just did level 3 for the first time ever, and it's hard work, but feels ultimately do-able, if that makes sense?!

But those rock star jumps seem to make EVERYTHING wobble, even bits of me that I had never felt wobble before....

shock

Off to eat my low cal breakfast and then hold out until low cal dinner tonight. Freak, I kind of know what you mean. I think I may be one of those fat thin people. My frame is small and when fully dressed, I look alright. But I weep when I take all the clothes off and see everything so frantically lacking in tone. Was rather hoping for something of an instant transformation. But now realise that ain't gonna happen, plus trying to transform oneself age 45 is never going to be easy, is it?!

(sigh)

Am trying not to be TOO vain about it, and think more in terms of health and energy levels...... smile

FreakoidOrganisoid Mon 11-Feb-13 10:46:58

Oh yes I am definitely one of those!

orangina Mon 11-Feb-13 11:52:33

here we go freak..... describes me to a tee really....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now