Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

30-day shred in January

(662 Posts)
juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 17:44:58

Anyone want to join me?

orangina Sat 02-Feb-13 20:26:38

Hi all, didn't do it yesterday (went to the cinema and ate ice cream instead blush) but have just done level 2 again today. Feel as though it is getting easier and I am wanting to push myself a little harder on the cardio work, which I take to be a good sign. Might do a few more days of level 2 and then (gulp) try level 3!

As an aside, am not finding the previously mentioned pelvic floor problems to be such an issue any more, does that mean my core stability has improved?!

Scales still out of whack, so have no idea where I am w the weight. Am going to browse the other JM dvds now and ponder a purchase......! Ripped in 30.... just the name sounds off putting!

Had ANOTHER dream about a flat tummy last night, perhaps they are premonitions?!?!

grin

Next fast day on Monday. Am feeling determined to turn things around a bit. Woohoo!

ninja Sun 03-Feb-13 08:33:52

Was about to do something last night, but then realised that I could hardly keep my eyes open! It's been a bit of a wash out of a week exercise wise but I'll keep going.

Are you all carrying on past the 30 days?

On the plus side ached yesterday so the ripped video must have worked!

I got the boxed set with ripped, thighs, bums and tums and extreme shred (which sounds scary!)

I am going to try to keep going - I run fairly regularly but wanted to add something else to my exercise regimen.

I'm away from home for the next two weeks, but have my laptop and the DVD and plan to try to stay in the groove - holidays are usually when it all goes to pot smile.

FreakoidOrganisoid Sun 03-Feb-13 16:07:55

Ninja I am going to carry on at least until i go on hol at Easter. I've not had the best week for it either as didn't do it yesterday either but will do it today. And good news is my weight gain seems to have been pre period bloat as have gone back down now smile Feels a bit more worth it now!

WiseKneeHair Sun 03-Feb-13 20:33:34

Well done Orangina My pelvic floor also seems to have improved. grin
Hadn't thought about stopping, really! I'm just mixing and matching a few workouts.
Off to shred in a minute once the DC are in bed.

ninja Mon 04-Feb-13 00:08:01

Well, I've ripped level 2! I think it's a bit harder than shredded and at least it's a change. I put something on the iplayer at the same time though that makes it go faster smile

I'm skiing in March, so want to keep all the squats up as they really help.

I feel like my bum is firmer as well - just need to try and find myself a nice man to test that out!

WiseKneeHair Mon 04-Feb-13 08:30:40

Well done ninja, I had heard ripped was harder than shredded shock. I'm going to give it a go either later this week or at the weekend.
My DH says my bum is firmer grin

I had a fabulous run today around a local country park. Incredibly muddy but great to be out in the fresh air and not pounding city streets.

ninja Mon 04-Feb-13 20:09:12

Quite jealous Neither - I didn't finish work early enough to run with the group tonight and it's too wet, dark and possibly haily to go out by myslef now. Am condsidering the extreme shredded DVD - what do you think?

FreakoidOrganisoid Mon 04-Feb-13 21:45:47

Only did ten mins yesterday but managed a proper workout today. Bf says he is going to get me heavier weights. Am a bit scared by the thought of those!!

WiseKneeHair Mon 04-Feb-13 21:52:15

Well done Neither and Freakoid.
Ninja - why don't you try it for us and report back? grin
I decided to have a go at Ripped in 30 tonight. I thought on a toughness scale, it was somewhere between level 2 and 3 of shred, but more enjoyable. Did some extra abs and weights, too.
I'm thinking of starting running when the weather improves, but I'm not that keen on muddy!

ninja Mon 04-Feb-13 23:03:56

Yes, I agree about ripped - I enjoyed it more too, a bit more unusual. Which level did you do?

However, in unusual stakes extreme shed and shred has to be up there.

There's not the same 3, 2, 1 pattern - and it includes boxing moves and yoga as well as the other torture you're used to!

They're 45 minute workouts and you have the option of doing the 2 back to back - which as I managed to start at 10 I decided to do! I was flagging by the end. Not as intense as the others as they have the slower yoga type bits in between.

WiseKneeHair Tue 05-Feb-13 08:41:40

I only did level 1 ninja grin I feel I could go up to level 2 quickly though, so will probably do level 1 for 2-3 days, then move up. By the sounds of it, level 3 and 4 are when it gets hard interesting.
Like the sound of extreme shed and shred, I was thinking that I would like a slightly longer workout for when I have a bit more time. I'll go and have a browse on amazon.
Well done on doing two back to back! And so late at night. I don't like finishing after 10, never mind starting then, because I struggle to sleep if I exercise too late.

WiseKneeHair Tue 05-Feb-13 09:24:32

I've just ordered extreme shed and shred and 6week6pack!
Can't wait until they arrive tomorrow.
Think I might have a bit of a problem! Do you think you can get help for Jillian addiction? grin

ninja Tue 05-Feb-13 09:31:25

When I have the kids I rarely get them sorted and cleared up before 11 so 10 felt like a treat! I slept well too smile

Right - might have to try level 3 of ripped tonight!

wem Tue 05-Feb-13 16:28:03

Hello all, I haven't abandoned you, it's just the lurgy turned into shingles and I've been shattered for the past week. I hope I can catch up with you all when I have some energy again.

I may order another dvd, then hopefully I'll be up for it by the time it arrives. There have been a few different JM ones mentioned, anyone got a favourite?

ninja Tue 05-Feb-13 19:05:09

I got this one for the variety

So far I like ripped, the same sort of routine as Shred but more variety

Extreme Shred is different!

Haven't done the other

I've enjoyed the routine of doing something at home once the kids are in bed so I think I'll try and stick with it to some extent indefinitely

Wem you poor lamb. Hope you feel better soon.

The only other one I have is 6 Week 6 Pack - and her Yoga Meltdown, which was only available in US format last time I checked. I don't like the yoga one, and find it even harder on my creaky knees than shredding.

WiseKneeHair Tue 05-Feb-13 20:29:11

wem sounds grim, hope you feel better soon. I enjoyed my one day of ripped, will do it again tonight. I'll let you know what I think of the other two once they arrive.

ninja Wed 06-Feb-13 00:03:02

Meant to say sorry about the shingles wem not nice. It's takes ages to recover from doesn't it?

Tried level 3 of ripped - might go back to level 2!! It's the duck walk things and a few others. A lot of variety though.

WiseKneeHair Thu 07-Feb-13 09:48:52

Morning. Had a day off yesterday, not through choice, but because I worked late. Going to do ripped again tonight. My new DVDs arrived yesterday, so will try one at the weekend.

orangina Thu 07-Feb-13 10:54:58

Hi all.... have been a bit hopeless recently, ds had a birthday and party (12 x 6 year olds, finished me off for the day), then he was ill, but I'm back on board and fasting again today (groan...). But I think I have lost 2.5kg! Yay!

Wem, shingles sounds awful, poor you, hope you recover soon. Am so impressed with everyone moving on to ripped.... think I will order it too. Am still plodding along at level 2, but can see level 3 as a possibility on the horizon, so maybe next week? Could do with the variety tbh.....

Keep going everyone! I'm just going to keep at it, as it is nearly the only exercise I get, so no point in stopping..... my goal is to have a vaguely flat tummy with a bit of tone and more energy.

Onwards and upwards! smile

WiseKneeHair Thu 07-Feb-13 12:24:21

Well done on the loss orangina, I use old money and that's over a half stone you've lost. Brilliant.
I would recommend RI30, it just seems more enjoyable than shred and I'm not saying that as someone who doesn't like shred, because I do.

FreakoidOrganisoid Thu 07-Feb-13 18:42:48

Feel better soon wem.

Ankles bit sore at the mo. Bf said to ease off the csrdio for a bit but i don't feel like i have exercised properly without it. Did less high impact stuff today but kind of feel i need the impact!

He has also leant me his sit up machine thing. Ouch!

WiseKneeHair Fri 08-Feb-13 19:52:28

Hope the ankle gets better sound Freakoid. He is right about resting it, unfortunately. I'm sure my leg hurt for longer than it should have because I just ignored it for a few days.

Have done lv1 RI30 and lv1 extreme shed and shred today as I needed to expend more calories to enable me to drink wine and eat chocolate tonight. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now