Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

30-day shred in January

(662 Posts)
juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 17:44:58

Anyone want to join me?

WiseKneeHair Tue 29-Jan-13 18:49:03

I also use 2kg weights, although they are a bit heavy for some of the exercises, on the whole they seem ok.

Wanttohelpbrother Tue 29-Jan-13 20:41:43

Thank you - will get some 2kg before I move onto L2 smile

Freakoid - hope you are feeling better

WiseKnee - well done on the weight loss.

I've had 2 days off. I chomped my way through loads of biscuits at a boring meeting at work today so am off out for a run in penance.

By the time I got ready to go out it was pouring, so I did level 3 instead. Even with 2lb weights and doing lots of it on my knees it was a killer.

WiseKneeHair Wed 30-Jan-13 08:26:32

Well done Neither I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks its a killer. grin
Then, I remember back to 1st January, when I thought level 1 was a killer and am amazed at how far I've come.

orangina Wed 30-Jan-13 11:36:59

Level 2 done again. Can almost cope with the planks AND lunges now, but still the easy version obviously. Just weighed my hand weights, and I think they are 3kg?! No wonder I can't manage all those exercies with arm raises that destroy my weedy shoulders...... confused

Still not ready to go for level 3! Definitely feel lighter around my middle though.... just walking around, and I actually FEEL lighter, it is a good feeling...

(Will now face the scales)

Freakoid, do hope your back is better soon. Well done everyone who is still going!

WiseKneeHair Wed 30-Jan-13 12:43:09

Well done orangina respect for using 3kg weights, even inadvertently! grin
There do seem to be less of us posting now, wonder why. wink

Yes, where has wem gone?

orangina Wed 30-Jan-13 12:53:16

Scales are a bit all over the place though. Weighed myself w clothes on, then took clothes off and gained a half kilo.

then took battery out and put it back in again, and appeared to have gained another kilo and a half in the process.....

grin perhaps all this exercise is actually no good for me at all!

And god knows what the weights do actually weigh, they were weighed on the insane bathroom scales (withdraws previous weight comment)

WiseKneeHair Wed 30-Jan-13 12:55:40

I think she'll be back.
C'mon wem we are routing for you.

WiseKneeHair Wed 30-Jan-13 12:57:22

orangina if you can face it, go to Boots and weigh there. You could even take your weight with you. grin

ninja Wed 30-Jan-13 18:53:07

Just catching up.

Ran 7.2 miles on Monday, but just left it too late to do anything yesterday.

Not sure about tonight as DD2 was up for 3 hours inthe night, plus I had mediation with ex and he was really difficult and I just feel drained sad

We'll see - may be just what I need!

WiseKneeHair Wed 30-Jan-13 21:35:06

Well done for the run ninja.
You could shred and pretend you are punching your ex rather than Jillian!
I'm not exercising today as I got home from work too late to eat early enough to do it and had scout drop off and pick up, so shredding first then eating didn't work either.
I'll make sure I do it tomorrow, plus maybe a bit extra.

ninja Wed 30-Jan-13 21:57:38

Yes - wisekneehair or maybe get the wii fit boxing game out .......

I'll see - presently just poured myself a glass of ginger wine so not looking promising!

House is a tip - got packed lunches to make - work to catch up on but I might have to take a flexi half day tomorrow and catch up another time.

Well done on your run ninja. Hope tomorrow is less exhausting.

did you get your scales sorted orangina?

I ran 5k this evening at a slow jog. It was so nice to be out in the fresh air, even though it was damp and drizzly.

WiseKneeHair Thu 31-Jan-13 12:49:45

Hope you enjoyed your ginger wine ninja
Good run Neither
I missed not shredding yesterday, but will definitely do it tonight.
Has anyone seen/ heard of/ done the insanity program? I was looking at it last night and was getting tempted, although I disliked all the hype and the price

wem Thu 31-Jan-13 17:31:01

Ooh 'ello everybody blush didn't think I'd be missed! grin

I got the lurgy and the dds have given us a run of seriously crappy nights so have generally been collapsing on the sofa in any spare time. I did get out to play squash last night, though felt a bit breathless with it (am asthmatic so any lurgy gets me in the chest).

I'm thinking of dropping back to level 1 to ease back in and hopefully get a boost in motivation as should theoretically be easier than when I first did it smile

WiseKneeHair Thu 31-Jan-13 19:51:09

Welcome back wem. I said you'd be back. grin Sorry you have had the lurgy, hope you are feeling better now. I think it's probably a good idea to go back to level 1, I bet you won't need to do it for long before you feel ready to go up again.
Had a day off yesterday, so just digesting dinner and then I'm off to shred.I can't believe it, but I've actually missed it! grin

ninja Thu 31-Jan-13 23:18:35

Bother - haven't done it yet plus I've only had about 6 hours sleep altogether in the last 2 nights (DD2 was up again last night sad )

Just bought a new Jillian Michael DVD so might try ripped in 30 for a change, but I'd rather sleep sad

I've missed it too - but it's hard to motivate yourself to get back into it sad

orangina Thu 31-Jan-13 23:21:24

Ok, did level 2 again this evening, but had my first 500 calorie fasting day, so I wasn't really able to give it my all.... did the exercise this evening having only had 150 calories worth of breakfast this morning and not much else....

Bought new batteries for scale today, but of course I bought the wrong size hmm so of course I appear to have put on yet MORE weight hmm....

I think I need to work on my bottom and thighs more, as I can notice a difference on my tummy, but feel a need real work a little lower down.....! Any recommendations anyone?

Welcome back wem, and well done everyone who is still here!

I wrote a long post last night but it got eaten as the site was down.

No exercise for me yesterday, crazy day at work and not much sleep on Wednesday night so I came home and ate pizza instead blush.

BUT I got up early this morning and did level 2 with 3lb weights smile

I didn't weigh/measure at the start, but am getting back into clothes that were too tight in December, so this, plus the dry/no caffeine/chocolate free Janaury (millions of calories saved) must be working grin. Now I just need to keep it up - I'll be spending the next two weeks with DH and DCs, so lots of temptation in my way.

WiseKneeHair Fri 01-Feb-13 14:59:49

Well done neither and orangina. I'm not sure I could shred on 150 calories shock
I'm working until late today, so no shredding. Had a good session yesterday though.
orangina have you looked at the 10 minute solutions DVDs? There are a selection of them which are quite good. There is a belly, thigh and bum one which might help you. I like the belly one, but I'm an apple and need as much help with my abs as possible.

FreakoidOrganisoid Fri 01-Feb-13 17:00:55

Had two days off after lots of rl stress and being madly busy on top. Have done it this eve though. 20 mins cardio, 10 mins strength, 2 mins abs. Really need to do more abs blush find abs exercises really boring though.

Have logged my food on mfp today and all in it is only coming to 702 calories. Its weird how some days it goes way over the target they've given me and others it's way under without feeling that different. Unless the foods i am selecting have been logged wrongly.

ninja Sat 02-Feb-13 00:10:38

Just done first level of ripped in 30 - seems effective and good to have a change

Know it's a bit late but I just had to get it done today and it's not a school night is it wink

WiseKneeHair Sat 02-Feb-13 01:16:31

Well done ninja
I haven't shredded today (I'm still at work) and it's starting to annoy me when I don't get chance to do it. shock
Such a difference to a month ago! I've got the ripped in 30 DVD to do. Want to do 3-4 more days of shred to really nail level 3, then I'm going to give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now