Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

30-day shred in January

(662 Posts)
juneau Sun 30-Dec-12 17:44:58

Anyone want to join me?

WiseKneeHair Fri 11-Jan-13 10:49:53

I'm only talking twice in one day to keep up with ninjingle doesn't mean I'll actually do it. grin

FedupofTurkey Fri 11-Jan-13 11:03:03

Can I join, I've ordered the dvd, should come today so hoping to shred later

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 11-Jan-13 11:11:10

Level 2 is gruesome. And I'm saying it as an ex very fit person and currently a fittish one. I'm 20 days in and in level 2 for the last 10 days. 7 days in it started to get easier but I did swear at her.

sweetkitty Fri 11-Jan-13 12:57:41

Day 8 yesterday felt ok.

Will do Day 9 later, weigh in day today too and have lost 2 pounds. I think that stress loss as this week has been mad. We've had builders in all week knocking down walls, everything is under a layer of dust.

ninjingle are you mad?! Make sure you come back and tell us what it was like!

JustAHolyFool Fri 11-Jan-13 13:12:01

Ouch, just did level 2. OUCH.

WiseKneeHair Fri 11-Jan-13 13:13:49

Well done Just
Neither aren't we all a bit mad? [ grin]

Yes Wise, you could be right grin

ToddlersRFab Fri 11-Jan-13 13:28:24

Can I join too.... my dvd has been sitting gathering dust since November. FedupofTurkey maybe we could start together as we will be behind everyone else....

WiseKneeHair Fri 11-Jan-13 13:42:52

Welcome fedup and toddlers. The more the merrier. Everyone is at different levels/stages so it doesnt matter that you havent syarted yet. My piece of advice from my vast experience of 10 days is that the first few days are HELL, but it starts to get better by day 4/5.
Just I meant to ask, is the jump from level 1 to 2 easier or harder than starting day 1 of level 1?

JustAHolyFool Fri 11-Jan-13 15:10:07

WiseKneeHair Hmm, it was hard in a different way, I think. I was more ready to give up on Level 1, the whole way through I was thinking "I want to stop, I want to stop" and psychologically it was really difficult.

On level 2, physically it feels harder, but I don't feel the same psychological barrier. I know I'm not going to give up but some of those moves fucking kill. Lots of static squats, OUCH.

I'm on day 2 of level 2, so I really really hope that it gets easier! I might go for a run tomorrow morning as well, I don't think I'm really getting enough cardio from it.

FedupofTurkey Fri 11-Jan-13 15:10:39

Level 1 first day done. Didn't go as bad as I thought! Arms and abs hurt a bit though. Maybe I wasn't putting enough effort in!

WiseKneeHair Fri 11-Jan-13 15:16:03

Well done fedup
Thanks just. I'm just debating whether my leg is up to level 2.
I might carry on drinking coffee for a bit longer and think about it.

WiseKneeHair Fri 11-Jan-13 17:16:09

Well, I've done a low impact version of level 2. Tbh, even if my leg wasn't hurting, I can't see how I'd have been able to do it much more high impact. Those strength and abs are killers!
I think I'll stay on level 2, doing it without any jumping about until my leg is better, then try and up the intensitiy.
Anyone tried level 3 yet?

wem Fri 11-Jan-13 17:16:24

I have shrededed-ed. Day 9 done. I managed a few proper squat thrusts and plank jacks. I found the squat thrusts harder actually. Still couldn't keep them up for the full 30secs, but started properly each time.

JustAHolyFool Fri 11-Jan-13 18:10:16

The problem for me with level 2 is how jumpy it all is. I have people living below me, so I can't be doing do much of that sort of stuff!

Those walking push up things are weird. Is it me, or are they really easy? Am I doing them wrong? I might stick to push ups for that bit, it doesn't feel like they're doing me any good.

orangina Fri 11-Jan-13 20:12:40

Ok, am actually quite pissed off as I seem to have thrown out my neck (HOW did that happen?!) and I can't shred. Can feel the difference it has made after 7 days and am keen to keep going on it.

Fingers crossed it will be better tomorrow and I can tackle an actual press up or two.....

(clamps hot water bottle to neck and cries out in pain)

sad

orangina Fri 11-Jan-13 20:13:09

But well done everyone else who is keeping going ,and I can't quite beleive that some of you are doing it TWICE in one day.... shock

WiseKneeHair Fri 11-Jan-13 20:15:59

Oh dear orangina hope your neck feels better soon. If it's any consolation, I am limping after doing it a second time sad. I think it's fair to say that DH thinks I'm an idiot.

orangina Fri 11-Jan-13 20:28:06

Oh dear wisekneehair grin..... I'm not sure I blame your DH, but bad luck about your leg! Hope it feels better too......

sweetkitty Fri 11-Jan-13 21:20:03

Did Level 2 today for the first time, I was Anita and phoned it in a few times, DP was Natalie oh and he did a 7 mile run today too. He loved the abs. I had forgotten about those military presses and all those planks.

Have been lurking but want to join properly! Have done 6 days straight of level one and was in serious pain days 1-4! Getting a bit better now. Am I allowed a day off each week?

Bloody jumping jacks have found out my knackered pelvic floor muscles too, <weep>

Ok, did another (mainly 'cos I'd said here I would and I didn't want to disappoint you wink)

Level 3 this morning, level 2 this evening.

There are some exercises in level 3 that are easier than level 2. The jumping squats and lunges are tough though and if your pelvic floor struggles with jumping jacks then just wait for the rock stars!!

<bows before ninjingle>

Level 2 and Level 3? <faints>

I woke up with a really sore shoulder this morning so did 6W6P instead of shredding in case the push ups were responsible.

WiseKneeHair Sat 12-Jan-13 09:34:40

Welcome singsong it sounds as if you are over the worse of the aching.
I'm going to be sensible today and have a rest day in the hope my leg gets better.
When I say rest day, I might still do some abs and pretend press ups. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now