Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

does anyone suffer with "adult growing pains"

(11 Posts)
Mytwobeautifulgirls Sat 29-Dec-12 21:37:32

hi all
as a child I used to really suffer with growing pains to the point where if I did not have calpol I would not bw able to weight bare on my leg.
I still have these pains just wondering if anyone else suffers too.
on the net I read it could be a sign of vitamin d insufficientcy.

anyone in the same boat?

sittinginthesun Sat 29-Dec-12 21:38:54

I second the vitamin D deficiency. I get this - have done since I was a child. I take a Vitamin D supplement and it goes completely.

Mytwobeautifulgirls Sat 29-Dec-12 21:56:31

really ah that interesting dI'd u have bloods done to confirm this? do u just take gte supplement or do you needs to have injections thanks

sittinginthesun Sat 29-Dec-12 22:06:13

I spoke to my GP (was having tests for thyroid function and was starting to consider Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), and she said to try a supplement first. I did, the pains went, my energy levels ate miles better, so didn't worry about further tests.

I just buy the supermarket tablets. I've tried the health shop ones, but they weren't as effective.

It was like magic, in my case.

Mytwobeautifulgirls Sat 29-Dec-12 22:08:26

wow really sounds good I will defo try that. thanks a lot

BalthierBunansa Sun 30-Dec-12 01:16:02

I suffer from the same, had tests for arthritis, tests were clear. Doctor just doesn't know. I will be watching thsi thread with interest!

Mytwobeautifulgirls Sun 30-Dec-12 01:37:39

baltheir when I was younger the doctor had the same idea but tests was clear for artist.
it's so weird as the pain is exactly the same.
perhaps I should go to the gp. but don't want to waste his time and mine with a prob that I get only "now and again"

sittinginthesun Sun 30-Dec-12 09:00:25

I was tested for arthritis too, but all clear. It was awful after my second child was born, and I was also very run down, and my wrists and hips ached.

I swear it took 3 days of supplements, and it went. I have had the odd wobble when I tried different supplements, but if I take 3 supermarket tablets, the pain just goes.

KeepYerTitsIn Sun 30-Dec-12 10:48:39

sittinginthesun I have this problem too, could you please specify the supplements you bought that worked so well? Thanks.

sittinginthesun Sun 30-Dec-12 11:24:04

Just a Vitamin D and calcium supplement! I buy off the shelf in Waitrose, but have used Boots as well. I do hope it works for you too.

bluedogs Sun 30-Dec-12 11:33:06

i second the vit d deficiency. I had everything checked - thryoid, iron etc as I was constantly achey and exhausted. Even got a diagnosis of fibromyalgia. Eventually found I was vit d deficent - took some supplements and feel great. Also started on ad for the fibromyalgia - between them they worked a treat. I need to take both to feel good but def recommend a vit d supplement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now