Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

does anyone suffer with "adult growing pains"

(11 Posts)
Mytwobeautifulgirls Sat 29-Dec-12 21:37:32

hi all
as a child I used to really suffer with growing pains to the point where if I did not have calpol I would not bw able to weight bare on my leg.
I still have these pains just wondering if anyone else suffers too.
on the net I read it could be a sign of vitamin d insufficientcy.

anyone in the same boat?

sittinginthesun Sat 29-Dec-12 21:38:54

I second the vitamin D deficiency. I get this - have done since I was a child. I take a Vitamin D supplement and it goes completely.

Mytwobeautifulgirls Sat 29-Dec-12 21:56:31

really ah that interesting dI'd u have bloods done to confirm this? do u just take gte supplement or do you needs to have injections thanks

sittinginthesun Sat 29-Dec-12 22:06:13

I spoke to my GP (was having tests for thyroid function and was starting to consider Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), and she said to try a supplement first. I did, the pains went, my energy levels ate miles better, so didn't worry about further tests.

I just buy the supermarket tablets. I've tried the health shop ones, but they weren't as effective.

It was like magic, in my case.

Mytwobeautifulgirls Sat 29-Dec-12 22:08:26

wow really sounds good I will defo try that. thanks a lot

BalthierBunansa Sun 30-Dec-12 01:16:02

I suffer from the same, had tests for arthritis, tests were clear. Doctor just doesn't know. I will be watching thsi thread with interest!

Mytwobeautifulgirls Sun 30-Dec-12 01:37:39

baltheir when I was younger the doctor had the same idea but tests was clear for artist.
it's so weird as the pain is exactly the same.
perhaps I should go to the gp. but don't want to waste his time and mine with a prob that I get only "now and again"

sittinginthesun Sun 30-Dec-12 09:00:25

I was tested for arthritis too, but all clear. It was awful after my second child was born, and I was also very run down, and my wrists and hips ached.

I swear it took 3 days of supplements, and it went. I have had the odd wobble when I tried different supplements, but if I take 3 supermarket tablets, the pain just goes.

KeepYerTitsIn Sun 30-Dec-12 10:48:39

sittinginthesun I have this problem too, could you please specify the supplements you bought that worked so well? Thanks.

sittinginthesun Sun 30-Dec-12 11:24:04

Just a Vitamin D and calcium supplement! I buy off the shelf in Waitrose, but have used Boots as well. I do hope it works for you too.

bluedogs Sun 30-Dec-12 11:33:06

i second the vit d deficiency. I had everything checked - thryoid, iron etc as I was constantly achey and exhausted. Even got a diagnosis of fibromyalgia. Eventually found I was vit d deficent - took some supplements and feel great. Also started on ad for the fibromyalgia - between them they worked a treat. I need to take both to feel good but def recommend a vit d supplement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now