Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Need a really good barrier cream (TMI)

(6 Posts)
Tragedies Sat 29-Dec-12 04:38:40

I have psoriasis which I keep under control with a tar-based product and use of Aqueous cream instead of soap. It causes great soreness between my legs (the perineum?). I make certain that I am properly dry after urinating. Sudocrem helps but wondering if anyone can recommend any other over-the-counter barrier creams.

jalopy Sat 29-Dec-12 10:44:27

Metanium. You might want to dedicate several knickers whilst using this stuff as the cream leaves a yellow colour.

ipswichwitch Sat 29-Dec-12 10:59:58

Metanium is brilliant. Sudocrem did bugger all for DS's nappy rash. Started using metanium and it cleared up in a few days. And yes, it is yellow and will leave marks on undies

Tragedies Sat 29-Dec-12 11:03:31

Thank you both! Just off to Boots.

bigbuttons Sat 29-Dec-12 11:04:48

metanium is bloody brilliant (ace for spots too!)

DontYouJingleMyChristingle Sat 29-Dec-12 11:10:44

They use orabase in scbu and paediatrics when metatanium fails. It is good for raw weeping places, they use it for mouth ulcers, bed sores etc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now