Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sick of being poorly

(5 Posts)
Newbie13 Sat 29-Dec-12 17:35:46

I am thankfully feeling better today. Went to the GP in the end and was prescribed Amoxycillin which is a massive relief!! Am on the hot water, honey and lemon which is really good!! Still have a healthy appetite too! Thanks to those who responded! smile

wildirishrose Fri 28-Dec-12 18:58:45

You could try Honey, Lemon and Ginger drink (If you have them in the cupboard)

Newbie13 Fri 28-Dec-12 18:41:00

Thanks for this. Will have to get oil tomorrow as chemist now closed!!! Was hoping there was some miracle cure in my food cupboard? Haha! I feel like actual death!

wildirishrose Fri 28-Dec-12 18:36:43

A bowl of hot water and a few drops of Olbas Oil, put a towel over your head to trap the steam. Hope you feel better soon.

Newbie13 Fri 28-Dec-12 18:34:40

Hey all, I am 8 weeks pregnant and have been down with what I think is flu for nearly 3 days!!
Have taken paracetamol and tried to stay hydrated but the congestion in my face is killing me! Can any one recommend any natural decongestants that are safe for preggas ladies?? I am desperado!! Please help!!
confused
Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now