Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Kidney stone? Something else?

(9 Posts)
QueenOfCats Thu 13-Dec-12 17:51:27

Hi gymboy thanks for thinking of me smile

I'm feeling a bit better today, still a dull intermittent ache and slight dragging ache in pelvis but couldn't call the Gp today - had a meting until 12.30pm and Gp closes at 12.30 on a Thursday.

Been drinking lots of water and taking paracetamol but will be on the phone in the morning a soon as they open at 8am.

gymboywalton Thu 13-Dec-12 15:07:17

how are you feeling today?

QueenOfCats Wed 12-Dec-12 23:06:54

Thanks gymboy and haunted smile

I will call the Gp first thing. Still sore but have taken some codydramol and nurofen so hopefully can get some sleep.

gymboywalton Wed 12-Dec-12 22:54:50

it came on quite suddenly for me but i am not sure about generally
it sounds to me like you have a urine infection or something[but i am not medically trained in any way!]

Definitely worth getting checked by gp tomorrow. Could be a kidney infection which would need treating asap anyway.

QueenOfCats Wed 12-Dec-12 22:52:20

Pressed send too quickly! blush

Does it come on that bad really quickly, or build up over a little while?

QueenOfCats Wed 12-Dec-12 22:51:28

Ah, ok, I'm nowhere near that at the moment (touch wood it won't progress)

gymboywalton Wed 12-Dec-12 22:47:44

kidney stone pain is excruciating-proper double you over, come out in a sweat , think you are going to die pain

QueenOfCats Wed 12-Dec-12 22:46:36

Feeling a bit rough sad

Have pain in my back on the right, just above my waist, urine is a bit cloudy. Slight pelvic discomfort. Feel slightly queasy.

Taking a medication which has kidney stones as a side effect - am I over thinking or do kidney stones have similar symptoms?

Been like this for about an hour and a half.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now