Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Kidney stone? Something else?

(9 Posts)
QueenOfCats Wed 12-Dec-12 22:46:36

Feeling a bit rough sad

Have pain in my back on the right, just above my waist, urine is a bit cloudy. Slight pelvic discomfort. Feel slightly queasy.

Taking a medication which has kidney stones as a side effect - am I over thinking or do kidney stones have similar symptoms?

Been like this for about an hour and a half.

gymboywalton Wed 12-Dec-12 22:47:44

kidney stone pain is excruciating-proper double you over, come out in a sweat , think you are going to die pain

QueenOfCats Wed 12-Dec-12 22:51:28

Ah, ok, I'm nowhere near that at the moment (touch wood it won't progress)

QueenOfCats Wed 12-Dec-12 22:52:20

Pressed send too quickly! blush

Does it come on that bad really quickly, or build up over a little while?

Definitely worth getting checked by gp tomorrow. Could be a kidney infection which would need treating asap anyway.

gymboywalton Wed 12-Dec-12 22:54:50

it came on quite suddenly for me but i am not sure about generally
it sounds to me like you have a urine infection or something[but i am not medically trained in any way!]

QueenOfCats Wed 12-Dec-12 23:06:54

Thanks gymboy and haunted smile

I will call the Gp first thing. Still sore but have taken some codydramol and nurofen so hopefully can get some sleep.

gymboywalton Thu 13-Dec-12 15:07:17

how are you feeling today?

QueenOfCats Thu 13-Dec-12 17:51:27

Hi gymboy thanks for thinking of me smile

I'm feeling a bit better today, still a dull intermittent ache and slight dragging ache in pelvis but couldn't call the Gp today - had a meting until 12.30pm and Gp closes at 12.30 on a Thursday.

Been drinking lots of water and taking paracetamol but will be on the phone in the morning a soon as they open at 8am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now