Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

feeling sorry for self thread, tooth related!

(20 Posts)
BlackCatinChristmasChaos Mon 10-Dec-12 22:03:05

You have my sympathy somewheresomehow all tooth problems are grim!

somewheresomehow Mon 10-Dec-12 18:50:53

no slaps from me. i have another abscess ,am in absolute agony and told by pharmacist i cant take ibuprofen and co-codamol together
have to wait for anti B's to kick in sad

BlackCatinChristmasChaos Mon 10-Dec-12 14:58:50

did any of you get a horrible taste in your mouth for a few days after having a tooth out?

Not sure if this is normal confused

Just want to get back to normal, <fed up> I'm fairly sure I will loose weight the way things are. I'm eating less than normal and trying soft food only at the mo.

Bramshott Mon 10-Dec-12 13:03:04

I had my first tooth out last Wed and have been gobsmacked at how painful it is! The dentist said to take Ibuprofen for a week, which means only 2 more days, but I think it IS now gradually improving. Not waking me in the night any more at least.

helpyourself Mon 10-Dec-12 12:53:02

I think that's good news
grin

gingeroots Mon 10-Dec-12 12:06:10

Thank you all .
I swear this tooth is jinxed .

I have spent all weekend sweating and mentally preparing myself .

Turn up today and sweat another 15 mins in waiting room ,keeping calm ,praying it's not going to be a repeat of the 40 min delay saga .

See dentist - he just wants a chat !
Great idea ,would have been even greater 3 appointments ago and IF I'D KNOWN .

Next appointment January .

But actually feel better about whole thing now - so perhaps this is a good result and the good vibes helped !

helpyourself Mon 10-Dec-12 11:26:32

How are you ginger?
Hope you feel better soon, Blackcat

BlackCatinChristmasChaos Mon 10-Dec-12 09:56:07

<Sending support> ginger

I hate going to the dentist! it's up there with my fear of spiders. So I am proud of myself that I went and had it done! Still doesn't feel back to normal yet though!

helpyourself Mon 10-Dec-12 09:16:17

Blue light- its healing- winging your way.

gingeroots Mon 10-Dec-12 09:07:18

Please send virtual support my way .

About to lie down ,open my mouth and let someone come at with me a drill and pick .

While catarrah drips down the back of my throat .

Pity party - moi?

helpyourself Sun 09-Dec-12 23:10:37

Good luck ginger I'm hearing tomorrow when I'll have the saliva stone removed; should be early next week.

gingeroots Sun 09-Dec-12 19:13:25

Oh - helpful to know viper.

ViperInTheManger Sun 09-Dec-12 18:44:37

Can I just warn you that ibuprofen is ok for short term use after extraction but don't take it for long. I had an ongoing problem and was taking it regularly for several months, in the middle of which I had a tooth out, and it took ages for the jawbone to fill in. Apparently ibuprofen slows bone healing.

Had mine done last Wednesday (2 extractions) and one has an infection sad

And I did everything by the book.

Shit sad

gingeroots Sun 09-Dec-12 18:39:50

I am very scared sad

gingeroots Sun 09-Dec-12 18:39:22

Oh I can well believe it - mine is still not done .

Appointment tommorrow .

helpyourself Sun 09-Dec-12 15:34:26

Hiya gingeroots you were v sympathetic on my poor tooth thread many moons ago- can you believe it's still on going! shock

gingeroots Sun 09-Dec-12 15:04:32

Sympathies - are you taking painkillers regularly ,don't wait for them to wera off .
Paracetomol interspersed ( spelling gone awol sorry ) with ibroprufen ?

helpyourself Sun 09-Dec-12 14:28:18

No slaps from me. It's awful. I'm one month on from a failed extraction, they had to go back in 10 days later and I now have a blocked saliva gland on the other side- apparently unconnected yeah, right hmm
Only positive is that I'll be positively waif like by Christmas.
Have a brew or if you can't manage that, some thanks.

BlackCatinChristmasChaos Sun 09-Dec-12 13:36:12

I'm feeling miserable, had a tooth out this morning and my face still hurts. It was a bit swollen for 2 days before today so not been great for a little while.

Come and --give me a slap-- show sympathy . sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now