Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this evil virus?

(19 Posts)
nellyjelly Sun 09-Dec-12 06:34:25

Me, DH and 2 DCs totally wiped out. Must be some sort-of flu. Aching joints, painful joints, rGing headache, painful cough, fever and shivers.

I just want to sleep but we have to look after the children. We spent yesterday s lumped in front of telly all day.

God I hope it passes soon. Anyoneelse had this?

Bearandcub Sun 09-Dec-12 06:38:12

No, stay away from me!

Hope you're all feeling better soon. Rest, fluids, regular pain reliefs and do the bare minimum.

inmymind Sun 09-Dec-12 06:42:43

Arrggh I have it right now.
I can't even sleep my body aches so much.
DH had it first and felt a bit better 24 hours later.
Painkillers aren't even touching it sad

nellyjelly Sun 09-Dec-12 07:07:58

Glad others suffering with me! No really hope it passes quick. DD started on Momday and is pretty much out the other side but DShas been ill for 3 days and I am on day 3 too. To add to the misery my period has also started.

Pissed off.

RooneyMara Sun 09-Dec-12 07:32:10

Sounds really grim sad

We all have a bad cough, here, but only ds1 has had a temperature with it. Me and ds2 are just coughing.

I hope you are better soon.

nellyjelly Sun 09-Dec-12 11:10:47

Thanks

Sounds like one of the two bugs that are raging through our school like wildfire, felling pupils and teachers.

The other is the seasonal D&V bug.

Hope you feel better soon.

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sun 09-Dec-12 11:28:36

manky I love your name!

Our schools/nurseries are full of vom bug or some sort of sinusy cold thing with terrific amounts of snot.

Get well soon op

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer thanks grin

unlucky67 Sun 09-Dec-12 11:56:50

Oh we all had that 3 weeks ago ...except DD1 (11) who was annoyed she didn't miss any school...
So bad at one point that it was all I could do to crawl for a wee..nightmare trying to look after DD2 (5) (also sick) thankfully she is pretty independent...and DD1 was plain neglected...
Me, DP (who lucky for him hmm was on a weeks hol from work) and DD2 spent the best part of a week in our bed ....
Now last week we have had the S&D bug....
(in weeks in between I had a pulled muscle in my chest - did something a bit stupid when still not feeling well so dosed up on painkillers - followed by long awaited visit to physio for dodgy knee which made it worse than it had ever been ...and I wonder why I am auditioning for 'how clean is your house' and thinking I might cancel Christmas...)

unlucky67 Sun 09-Dec-12 12:01:40

Sorry did mean to say - it was at its worst for about 2 days...probably took a week from start (feeling really really tired to just having a bad cough)...so you are halfway through the worst...
Get well soon...

nellyjelly Sun 09-Dec-12 12:47:41

Halfway? Was hoping it was nearly finished. Thanks.

Sorry to say I agree with unlucky67

Most of the adults I know were floored for 3-4 days when the bug was at its worst, then recovering for another week. The awful headache went after 2-3 days though, if that helps.

Some of the kids have been off school for two weeks with it shock

Sorry to say I agree with unlucky67

Most of the adults I know were floored for 3-4 days when the bug was at its worst, then recovering for another week. The awful headache went after 2-3 days though, if that helps.

Some of the kids have been off school for two weeks with it shock

Sabriel Sun 09-Dec-12 12:58:14

My 5 yo had this a couple of weeks ago and was off school for a whole week sad

frazzled123 Sun 09-Dec-12 13:50:57

Not sure if its what I've got. Been tested for glandular fever cos all glands up, aching, had sore throat, tired. But the aching! Groin, legs, everything, urrgggghhh....

nellyjelly Sun 09-Dec-12 14:34:27

What new horror is this? Started vomiting before. Great.

Fluffy101 Sun 09-Dec-12 16:41:44

I don't want to worry you but have you got a carbon monoxide detector in your house?

nellyjelly Sun 09-Dec-12 18:57:06

Hmmmm I haven't though probably should. Thing is DD is now recovering and is almost fine, so thinking it is a virus. The runny nose and blocked sunuses are kicking in now too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now