Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flatulence

(5 Posts)
Wewishyouamerrypffft Sat 08-Dec-12 08:21:27

OK <sigh> this is a serious question, although clearly it will elict some not so serious answers!!! Clearly I have namechanged, but I promise I am not a troll.
With regards to the title, how do you stop it dammit! Its ridiculous now! Since pregnancy and childbirth theres been an exponential increase and its ruining my life! (Well that is a slight exaggeration, but its embarrassing!)

NotAnotherPackedLunch Sat 08-Dec-12 08:25:15

Did you have antibiotics during the birth? If so, lots of live yoghurt and give it a bit of time.
The baby will be used to it and will love you anyway!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 10:10:52

Yes - natural yoghurt/probiotics are the answer. I have IBS and they've made a huge difference to me. Might be worth keeping a food and symptom diary to see if there's a certain food that's triggering you off too.

tabbycat15 Sat 08-Dec-12 10:28:33

You can take charcoal tablets.

greensmoothiegoddess Sat 08-Dec-12 14:04:33

Probiotics are your friend! Can also recommend Acai Berry Colon Cleanse but be prepared to have a good couple of poos every day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now