Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

corns :(

(4 Posts)
Rowan1204 Sun 02-Dec-12 13:13:02

So i have a really horrible corn on my little toe which is incredibly painful. This is as a result of having to wear heels at work every day. It got really sore last winter / spring and in the summer i wore sandals so my toe was exposed and not getting rubbed, but now its winter again im seriously struggling to find any shoes that don't rub it. Its soooo Sore!
Has anyone ever has a corn and how did you get rid?
I don't see how its going to go away unless surgically removed.
Also why do they call it a,'corn'?! Random but it sounds so gross!

PhilMckrakin Sun 02-Dec-12 13:20:13

I had one between my toes and it was really painful for months. I paid £20 to see a chiropodist who came to my house and she kind of dug it out with a scalpel. It sounds awful but it didn't hurt when she did it and I haven't had any pain at all since and it must have been 8 years ago now.

Honestly it was the best £20 I ever spent. I couldn't believe my foot didn't hurt anymore at first and it made me wonder why I didn't get it sorted sooner.

So I guess what I'm saying is see a chiropodist grin

Rowan1204 Sun 02-Dec-12 13:31:36

Oh thanks. I know it prob seemed obvious!

Your are right though. Just need to get it sorted.

Thanks smile

agedknees Sun 02-Dec-12 20:20:46

Compeed do corn plasters that get rid of the corn. I had one on each of my little toes, used the corn plasters and they got rid of them.

No more pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now