Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Preventing Chilblains???

(26 Posts)
Grillamo Fri 30-Nov-12 15:38:06

Hey,

I have had chilblains every winter for the last 3 or 4 years, they are not much fun as im sure you know, and wondered if anyone has any tips about preventing/easing them?

Ive read all of the NHS stuff and done what they have said but ive never managed to stop them coming. This time of year i only take my socks off to change them or have a bath (DH can just put up with it wink!) Apart from my dad tellin me to piss on my feet (which just sounds like an old wives tale) ive had no real feed back.

Ive started to feel the end of my toes going numb when im out (and sometimes in) and so think they are on the way so if anyone has any ideas how to stop it or lessen it please can you help?

Either that or ill seriously consider peeing in the washing up bowl and soaking me tootsies! smile

Thanks

x

Chris555111 Thu 19-Jun-14 11:18:55

Every winter I would get annoying chillblain....until by luck I found out that if I stop consuming dairy and gluten products I would not get the chillblains during that winter....no matter how cold it was;) Don't ask me why it works....I just know that it does for me! Maybe give it a shot and have a chillblain-free winter!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now