Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Please help! Period (TMI)

(9 Posts)
mortimersraven Mon 03-Dec-12 00:35:47

Thanks everyone, I went back to bed, slept and felt much better by the evening. Must have been a 24hr bug. Thanks for stopping me from freaking out!

tb Sun 02-Dec-12 08:43:53

I often used to get much looser poo during my periods - might be the result of losing pre-menstrual fluid retention.

However, if you're shitting madly, and have the shakes it sounds more like a bug. I'd stay put, and say to work that you've got a bug with d+v.

chocolatespiders Thu 29-Nov-12 18:05:09

How have you been?

mortimersraven Thu 29-Nov-12 00:32:13

Thanks imperial, no kids (yet) although it did occur to me as I was wailing and shivering on the toilet that I don't know what I would have done if I did have kids!

I'm in China

Thanks for the kind words, sleep well!

chocolatespiders Thu 29-Nov-12 00:31:16

Mine was a tummy bug which I did not wish to share with my work mates. Sip drinks and try to sleep.

mortimersraven Thu 29-Nov-12 00:29:47

Thanks, I don't have a hot water bottle, think that might go on my Christmas list!

Wow 8 years is impressive! Unfortunately I took a day off last week for a virus that still hasn't totally gone and I feel generally run down. It looks bad to be skipping in and out of work when I feel like it sad

The paracetamol seems to be working a bit on the pain thank goodness!

ImperialStateKnickers Thu 29-Nov-12 00:29:04

Where in the world are you mortimer?

Keep drinking clear fluid and taking painkillers, obviously don't o.d. on paracetamol. Could you have a vomiting/diarrhoea bug which you've caught by coincidence on Day One?

Is there anyone around in RL to hold hand/look after kids/ etc?

I HAVE to go to bed soon here in UK, but hugs and hope you feel less shitty soon.

My periods went crappy about a year ago (I'm 47), I saw my GP and now have some lovely drugs.

chocolatespiders Thu 29-Nov-12 00:24:41

Sounds more like a bug to me sad

I had to take time off work few weeks ago for the first time in 8 years and I am very glad I did (got all my online Christmas shopping done smile

Hope you feel better soon, have you got a hot water bottle?

mortimersraven Thu 29-Nov-12 00:21:29

Today is the first day of my period and I woke up this morning to terrible, terrible period pain. I've spent the last hour running to the loo with the shits til my bum almost dropped off and I feel like I may be pooing my insides out soon sad

My fingers and face have gone completely white and my lips look purple, I can't stop shaking. I don't know why!

I've come back to bed to try and warm up and stop shaking but I don't know what to do. Took 2 paracetamol after managing a mouthful of breakfast that nearly made me wretch. I have a raging thirst though.

It's all really strange! What's going on? Is it normal to have a really bad period once in a while?

I never take time off work because of my period, I admit I'm a bit snobby about women who do. blush But this morning I'm shivering, shitting, and rolling around in pain! What can I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now