Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please help! Period (TMI)

(9 Posts)
mortimersraven Thu 29-Nov-12 00:21:29

Today is the first day of my period and I woke up this morning to terrible, terrible period pain. I've spent the last hour running to the loo with the shits til my bum almost dropped off and I feel like I may be pooing my insides out soon sad

My fingers and face have gone completely white and my lips look purple, I can't stop shaking. I don't know why!

I've come back to bed to try and warm up and stop shaking but I don't know what to do. Took 2 paracetamol after managing a mouthful of breakfast that nearly made me wretch. I have a raging thirst though.

It's all really strange! What's going on? Is it normal to have a really bad period once in a while?

I never take time off work because of my period, I admit I'm a bit snobby about women who do. blush But this morning I'm shivering, shitting, and rolling around in pain! What can I do?

chocolatespiders Thu 29-Nov-12 00:24:41

Sounds more like a bug to me sad

I had to take time off work few weeks ago for the first time in 8 years and I am very glad I did (got all my online Christmas shopping done smile

Hope you feel better soon, have you got a hot water bottle?

ImperialStateKnickers Thu 29-Nov-12 00:29:04

Where in the world are you mortimer?

Keep drinking clear fluid and taking painkillers, obviously don't o.d. on paracetamol. Could you have a vomiting/diarrhoea bug which you've caught by coincidence on Day One?

Is there anyone around in RL to hold hand/look after kids/ etc?

I HAVE to go to bed soon here in UK, but hugs and hope you feel less shitty soon.

My periods went crappy about a year ago (I'm 47), I saw my GP and now have some lovely drugs.

mortimersraven Thu 29-Nov-12 00:29:47

Thanks, I don't have a hot water bottle, think that might go on my Christmas list!

Wow 8 years is impressive! Unfortunately I took a day off last week for a virus that still hasn't totally gone and I feel generally run down. It looks bad to be skipping in and out of work when I feel like it sad

The paracetamol seems to be working a bit on the pain thank goodness!

chocolatespiders Thu 29-Nov-12 00:31:16

Mine was a tummy bug which I did not wish to share with my work mates. Sip drinks and try to sleep.

mortimersraven Thu 29-Nov-12 00:32:13

Thanks imperial, no kids (yet) although it did occur to me as I was wailing and shivering on the toilet that I don't know what I would have done if I did have kids!

I'm in China

Thanks for the kind words, sleep well!

chocolatespiders Thu 29-Nov-12 18:05:09

How have you been?

tb Sun 02-Dec-12 08:43:53

I often used to get much looser poo during my periods - might be the result of losing pre-menstrual fluid retention.

However, if you're shitting madly, and have the shakes it sounds more like a bug. I'd stay put, and say to work that you've got a bug with d+v.

mortimersraven Mon 03-Dec-12 00:35:47

Thanks everyone, I went back to bed, slept and felt much better by the evening. Must have been a 24hr bug. Thanks for stopping me from freaking out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now