Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stomach acid got into lungs?

(3 Posts)
gingeroots Mon 26-Nov-12 10:14:42

No medical experience but I really doubt you have acid in your lings .
Sounds like catarrah/mucus .

I get this where ( sorry TMI ) my nose seems ok but I'm feeling as if there is something at the back of my throat ,sometimes if I cough I'll bring up ( TMI again sorry ) a lump of phlegm.

I think it's mucus going down the back of my nose and down my throat .
I think it's called post nasal drip and apparently it's common in people with acid reflux ,which I also have .

The acid reflux is easily controlled - I buy own brand ranatidine from supermarkets ( £1 for 12 ) ,but GP can prescribe .

Go see your GP .

You need to see a gp I'm afraid and talk to them.

PenguinBear Sun 25-Nov-12 18:53:08

Often have bad acid reflux. Today I woke up and couldn't breath where the acid had got Into my throat. This subsided after a minute and usually my throat feels a bit burnt but it's okay.

Today was not like that, it felt like there was something in my lungs and I coughed up some huge bits I mucus. I think the stomach acid may have somehow got into my lungs a bit as (sorry tmi) I vomited and even after my stomach was empty there was still a lot of coughing. I've had my inhaler twice which seems to have helped a little but it still feels like I have something in my lungs I need to cough up ( I never get this).

Having googled acid in the lungs I have really scared myself - help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now