Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is this an intolerance?

(12 Posts)
megandraper Tue 27-Nov-12 16:13:16

Maybe have a break from potato stuff and then reintroduce gradually?

IAmSoFuckingRock Mon 26-Nov-12 22:27:25

hmm, i very rarely eat potatoes/chips but i did have chips (was out for lunch) on saturday aswell! maybe the combination of chips and crisps was too much?

awaywego1 Mon 26-Nov-12 20:23:51

For a while every time I ate potato I started sweating felt faint and vomited. Very odd! It's not happening at the moment tho.

IAmSoFuckingRock Mon 26-Nov-12 15:23:58

grin

i will experiment with both.

megandraper Mon 26-Nov-12 15:19:33

yes, your body probably wants chocolate or gin now grin

IAmSoFuckingRock Mon 26-Nov-12 14:12:05

i really only eat the one brand so it could be just them. or it could be that my body is just saying "no more of those crisps-try something new!" grin

megandraper Mon 26-Nov-12 13:50:14

hmm - are the crisps really delicious and you are gobbling them a bit too fast?

Sorry, that was a crap joke.

It is a bit mysterious then. I suppose you could experiment to find if it is all crisps or a particular brand and see if that brand has any particular additives?

IAmSoFuckingRock Mon 26-Nov-12 11:07:51

i think so. i haven't noticed the same reaction to anything else that i can think of.

megandraper Mon 26-Nov-12 10:55:33

IamSo - is it just crisps? Some crisps (not all) contain gluten, so my DSs (coeliac) can't eat them and would get those sort of symptoms. But that holds true for anything with gluten in it, not just crisps.

IAmSoFuckingRock Mon 26-Nov-12 10:44:56

thanks digerd. yes it's gone now. it's been happening for a few years but worse recently so i think i'll just give crisps a miss from now on.

digerd Mon 26-Nov-12 09:44:09

Just noticed this thread.
I once ate some crisps late at night shortly before going to bed, and I had terrible indigestion , so just decided not to do that ever again.
It should have passed by now?

IAmSoFuckingRock Sat 24-Nov-12 23:25:42

can you have a crisp intolerance?

i had some crisps earlier and have had quite painful wind all day since. i have noticed this only happens when i eat crisps. is this normal or an intolerance. also, any suggestions what might help with it this evening? i cant leave the house to buy anything as dcs in bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now