Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

am i worrying about everything unnecessarily?

(16 Posts)
ClareMarriott Sat 24-Nov-12 16:42:41

Go and have that well earned tea vicar !!

In your original post you mentioned " this bloody job " so have you thought perhaps that maybe the physical symptoms you are experiencing is your body saying relook at the work you are doing? Can you say that the job you are doing actually makes you happy or is it a salary at the end of each month? I doubt the company you work for would collapse if you decided to leave - no company ever does ! Have you spoken with your DH about the possibility of leaving work and/or finding another job ? What are your talents ? Would becoming self employed actually suit you now ? See if you can take this time you are having off work to reevaluate what it is you actually want ? Good luck !!

YouReethra Sat 24-Nov-12 12:51:51

Trouble is lots of little illnesses are a sign to slow down and take care of yourself.
Stress produces hormones that have a physical implication for your body so you need to relax and stop worrying.

This is how a lot of people with things like CFS start.

amillionyears Sat 24-Nov-12 12:46:46

Dont know anything about veruccas, they sound horrid.
Dont know about tests either.

But I do know a bit about resting.
You need to learn to rest well.
You cannot go into work, so there is nothing you can do about that.
So take the oppurtunity to rest well.
You need to try and ignore the fretting about work, I repest there is nothing you can do about that.

If you had nothing to do in your life right now, in the house or out of it, what would you do?

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 24-Nov-12 12:16:48

do you think it would sell purple? im in....maybe i could write the screen play and make enough money to get me out of this sodding job.

PurpleHeadedMountain Sat 24-Nov-12 00:56:17

Vicar - I am thinking How To Get Ahead in Advertising, only on your foot?

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 24-Nov-12 00:38:48

one of them is actually so large that i swear one of these days its going to take me to the doctor and get me frozen off.
grin

lisad123 Sat 24-Nov-12 00:38:24

Please push for more tests. GP are just that "general" they are not the mighty knowledge of everything and often make mistakes (they certainly did with my dh).

Go with a list of your symptoms, explain that this is not normal for you and demand some tests.
It's not on to leave you like this sad

PurpleHeadedMountain Sat 24-Nov-12 00:33:26

Am still reeling from the 28 veruccas? How is there ROOM?? I had one, and it was horrible.

PurpleHeadedMountain Sat 24-Nov-12 00:32:33

28 veruccas?/ Bloody hell you poor love.

I would go and kick up a bit of a fuss with your GP and get him to do the blood tests belgianbun recommended. If in dire straits because you can't get them on the NHS you can pay privately (MediChecks do them).

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 23-Nov-12 23:57:25

that number ^ up there ^ is 28. you read correctly. twenty sodding eight.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 23-Nov-12 23:56:26

i asked about blood tests - i think thorough tests were done in April but nothing since - gp says i shouldnt have them done unnecessarily and they all seem pretty convinced that my current chest troubles are to do with reflux.

ive just had immunology tests done (because of my feet which are well documented disaster areas! with 28 ungodly verrucas) but nothing showed - am i wrong to presume that if there was anything wrong it would show in that?

the difficulty is that as horrible as it is for me im being constantly ill with "little" things so its hard for people to have any sympathy after a while - if there was a reason i was feeling so off it it would be justified but so far no real explanations other than reflux and i now have a whole gamut of tests to have now to do with that.

i asked the gp if he thought the constant coughing could be a sign of something else and he said no. he thinks its acid reflux.

i cant just keep having time off, but im now maxed out on reflux meds and there is nothing else i can take. and im still sodding coughing

corblimeymadam Fri 23-Nov-12 23:42:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VestaCurry Fri 23-Nov-12 23:09:58

Vicar, it's obvious that you are extremely run down. It must be very difficult to try to switch off from work but for your sake and your family's sake, you must. A few years ago, a friend of mine kept getting repeated chest infections, but soldiered on and ended up very seriously ill, she was in hospital for 3 weeks with pneumonia at the age of 37. It was bad and it took a long time to get the pneumonia under control because she had become so run down. Please take the time to rest and recuperate.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 23-Nov-12 22:56:04

i would love to, but i know that i have stuff looming that has to be dealt with and the longer i have off the less chance i have of dealing with it before a deadline that i cant change....

its just as stressful being at home. (and the longer i have off the more i wont want to go back sad)
and im at home fretting about stuff i cant do cos im not there, as opposed to being there and fretting about it.

amillionyears Fri 23-Nov-12 21:42:50

You work long hours and do a very stressful job.

You have been signed off for 2 weeks.

If I were you, and you are able, I would have a jolly long rest.
See if that helps to let your body get its strength back.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 23-Nov-12 21:37:53

im ill again

pissed off, really really pissed off. Just been signed off work for a further 2 weeks which will NOT go down well.

i have never ever been ill enough to be signed off before i got this bloody job. im sure they dont believe that, but its true.

ive got my second chest infection in a month - gp thinks its to do with acid reflux (im aspirating into my lungs) and am waiting to see consultant for an endoscopy. just finished second lot of ABs and its still there.

my general health is just terrible.
im picking up everything, feel awful, tired, run down and generally icky. Ive had 2 podiatrists look at my feet and tell me to get blood tests, GP has done an immunology test which shows nothing out of the ordinary.

went to gp today, no tests or suggestions given, just a sick note for a fortnight.
all the while im off i know things are building up at work waiting for me to do them....we are so short staffed that this will be awful for the other people on my shift,

i dont know whats wrong with me. Everyone who knows me is worried about me, DH who is totally unflappable asked this week if there could be something seriously wrong with me....im pretty sure id know if there was, but the constant illness after illness for no reason is just annoying everyone - especially work.
if there was something, a diagnosis, it would justify it but just saying "oh yeah, im ill again doesnt. i just seem weak and fragile. sad

no idea what to do. i really should not be taking time off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now