Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

i think i have broken my little toe....

(4 Posts)
juicychops Mon 19-Nov-12 20:35:17

i know the doc/hospital wont do anything for a little toe, but it still really hurts!
i did it on 27th oct so over 3 weeks ago, and whilst all the bruising and some of the swelling has now gone, its still quite swollen compared to my other one, and it hurts all the time when im walking. i can't wear certain shoes that are tighter than normal.

i can wiggle it around normally with less pain than before, but if i bend my foot up towards my leg (opposite to pointing my toes) and then bend my toes, my little toe is so so bloody painful.

any advice?

notapizzaeater Mon 19-Nov-12 20:50:52

Ouch - I did mine 1st week of summer hols, really hurt for about 6 weeks and I can only in the last few weeks where "closed" toe shoes sad

Pancakeflipper Mon 19-Nov-12 20:52:50

Strap it to the toe next to it for support.

juicychops Mon 19-Nov-12 21:09:05

thanks for your replies smile

do you think its worth a trip to the docs or do you think it would be a complete waste of time? i have full feeling in it and no coldness or tingling or anything like that, just painful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now