Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pelvic floor!!!!! I touch sure intelligent continence stimulator

(8 Posts)
FOURBOYSUNDER6 Fri 16-Nov-12 21:01:58

Thank you everyone who has helped me by replying !! I used it for the first time today and am very proud of myself. I will try to use regularly now i am onto it!!!!! I like the way it teaches you what the pelvic floor ex feel like so when I do them without the machine I will be more confident now that doing right!wink

spaghettina Wed 14-Nov-12 09:36:39

As far as I know it's worth doing them even six years later, apparently the pelvic floor muscles respond well to exercise, so you have a good chance of improving your muscle tone.
But if I were you I'd do the lift exercises etc in addition to using the continence stimulator (which I'm not familiar with!). They're boring and hard work and I always forget to do them as much as I should, but I've been told to do them constantly as it's the only way to really improve the pelvic floor.
Maybe you should ask your GP for some advice, I'm sure they can help you sort it out.
Good luck!

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Tue 13-Nov-12 23:58:45

Did somebody call??!

No?

Oh..

FOURBOYSUNDER6 Tue 13-Nov-12 23:56:17

Did you both do exercises routinely for prevention or to tackle a problem???? Now I actually feel I need to do them six years after having a baby will it be too late or still possible to sort out or improve ???

FOURBOYSUNDER6 Tue 13-Nov-12 23:53:48

sounds like hard work sounds worth it! it is still in box but need to do lift exercises or get this thing out of the box ASAP xhmm

Telesales650 Mon 12-Nov-12 08:50:44

Yes I have used one of these and they are perfectly safe! Used regularly it will help just read the the instructions carefully

Dottiespots Mon 12-Nov-12 03:26:28

Hi....dont know about using the product you mention, I tightened my pelvic floor by using the "lift" method. Clenching a little by little like going up in an elevator ....tighter and tighter until its as tight as it can go, holding for 20 seconds and then slowly releasing. Took a couple of days to feel that everything was holding up better and about a month before it felt normal again. Of course I have to keep up the exercises every single day to maintain it. Dont mind that of course.....!

FOURBOYSUNDER6 Sun 11-Nov-12 22:50:02

Ok......my pelvic floor has taken a hammering as I have had 4 babas within six years and never done any of those pelvic floor exercises that we are told to! I know I should - my Nanna is 90 and stinks of piss god love her - and yet I never seem to get round to it and get bored doing them and don't feel like I am doing them right....I bought an I touch sure intelligent continence stimulator three years ago but put it in a cupboard and forgot about it. I've just opened the box and am reading the instructions as I am fed up of remembering to clench when I sneeze ! Before I have a go I would be so grateful to hear if anyone has tried and tested it? It looks a bit scary!!!!! Like I will electrocute my fanny or something. Sorry for being so crude. Seriously would like to know if it will work or if I am wasting my time and money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now