Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lump in my armpit

(5 Posts)

It is def smaller today. I could feel that it was round yesterday, but today i can't feel that, just a thick bit where it was, if that makes sense.

Thank fob. Won't get in today now, but can ring at 2 for tomorrow i think.

EdMcDunnough Thu 04-Oct-12 09:57:57

It sounds like a lymph node.

If it's coming and going, it's probably fine - it'll just be reacting to something somewhere.

I occasionally get them in various places.

If it was hard, and was getting bigger and not going away again, I'd go and see someone.

Monitor it for a while and see. Cancer grows - it doesn't shrink.

No, get it to your GP before the weekend, it could be something in your lymph glands, so it needs to be checked out.

And avoid Googling until you've seen your GP.

Found it on sunday. It's hard, about the size of a pea, in my right armpit.

My first thought was that it was nothing, because I reguarly have spotty armpits and have to use an antibacterial skin wash to keep that at bay (lovely eh lol).

Anyway, it's not that. There is no redness, just a lump under the skin.

I have previously had a groin abcess which made my glands in my groin swell, and it feels exactly like that, a swollen gland.

Today though, the lump is a lot smaller, infact I struggled to find it.

So, doctors asap, or can I leave it over the weekend to see if it completely dissapears.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now