Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Asking you for a tip on how to stop my vagina feeling like its on fire

(70 Posts)
IneedAsockamnesty Wed 03-Oct-12 20:04:43

well that says it all really.

important info i have no sti's but i am having the first period ive had since may 2011, im using a towel and i didnt notice they were moden ones with some type of sent in and now my vagina feels like its on fire

I've never had a problem with sanitary protection but there is something in some shower gels which I'm allergic to (still not quite sure what it is but tends to be Spa / Sea scented stuff for me) and I get this.

I've finally got to a stage where I can knock it on the head within a week. What I do is...

1. Use a special wash (like Femfresh). I'd always erroneously assumed these washes were for neurotic women concerned about their bits smelling bad - but I now discover it is a wash with the natural (slightly acidic) pH of your inner bits. Using scented stuff can send the pH haywire which is half the problem.
2. Re-wash all your underwear in non-bio liquid - but not on the quick wash - to ensure the machine rinses as comprehensively as possible and using baby fabric conditioner or none at all.
3. Use unscented soap or simple shower gel on the rest of you until the problem goes away. Then only use a shower gel you've used without problem before.

whenwilltherainstop Thu 04-Oct-12 09:38:28

Hope everything is feeling better today Sock, but I must confess I immediately thought of the song My sex is on fire when I saw the thread title grin

HellonHeels Thu 04-Oct-12 09:55:20

Scented sanpro is disgusting. Sorry you're suffering. I have nothing to add to advice already given, just wanted to say I feel your pain.

I'm sure you can still get Always without the horrible scent, need to be careful and look closely at the packs.

KatMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Oct-12 12:08:00

Hi there, we've moved this into General Health. Thanks.

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 04-Oct-12 14:00:10

i was able to get to sleep last night after a fashion, this morning i got a canistan capsule because i cant use the cream but ive taken that and had a salt bath. its taken the edge off it rather a lot.

those chemical towels are the devils work grin

Jacksmania Thu 04-Oct-12 18:19:35

Yes they are. WHY would anyone need a scented sanitary towel????

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 04-Oct-12 18:28:01

evil things, my docter told me today that they see shed loads of ladys having the same problem with them.

im sure if we think about it hard enough we can turn it into a conspricy therory grin

Jacksmania Thu 04-Oct-12 18:53:18

LOL sock grin
A conspiracy theory involving sanitary towels... could happen, I suppose grin

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Thu 04-Oct-12 19:07:11

Now that you have had lots of sensible advice and are feeling a bit better may I put forward my suggestion- get a firefighter in!

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 04-Oct-12 19:17:05

brilliant but do i need to burn down my house to get them here?

just a thought but you know with medicines the have that yellow card side effect reporting system, do you reckon they have a simmerler thing for sanitary products?

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Thu 04-Oct-12 19:43:57

I believe fully equipped firefighters will come round to your house and give advice if asked.
www.fireservice.co.uk/safety/hfsc

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 04-Oct-12 20:15:00

good news indeed grin

BertieBotts Thu 04-Oct-12 20:29:43

You could write to the company I suppose? Or a consumer agency like trading standards (maybe they could get them to put warnings on?) or Watchdog grin oh god imagine that!

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 04-Oct-12 21:29:37

i dont think anne diamond would be happy with my vagina going on the telly grin

Jacksmania Fri 05-Oct-12 01:26:56

If it did, though, would that be The Next Vagina Monologues?

Or The Vagina Monologues On Fire?

Jacksmania Fri 05-Oct-12 01:29:14

And, sorry... but I think that fire service link was woefully inadequate.

THIS is what you need.

AViewfromtheFridge Fri 05-Oct-12 06:40:27

Well. He might have a muscly torso, but I think it's highly unprofessional for him to be posing with his top off while fire rages out-of-control behind him. That'd be no good for your fanjo at all - would probably actually exacerbate the problem.

Jacksmania Fri 05-Oct-12 14:46:44
IneedAsockamnesty Fri 05-Oct-12 15:42:47

ohhhhhhhhh im just going to reconcider my thrusting against chairs stance grin

Jacksmania Fri 05-Oct-12 19:47:43

So you should. I expect either one of these would do much better than a chair. grin

Seriously, how are you feeling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now