Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Asking you for a tip on how to stop my vagina feeling like its on fire

(70 Posts)
IneedAsockamnesty Wed 03-Oct-12 20:04:43

well that says it all really.

important info i have no sti's but i am having the first period ive had since may 2011, im using a towel and i didnt notice they were moden ones with some type of sent in and now my vagina feels like its on fire

PinkFairyDust Wed 03-Oct-12 20:06:19

Seriously?

Troll perhaps?!

PinkFairyDust Wed 03-Oct-12 20:06:47

Ooo my very first biscuit

IneedAsockamnesty Wed 03-Oct-12 20:08:00

no no no im not a troll it itches is bright red and hurts

thebody Wed 03-Oct-12 20:08:06

Cold bath!

McHappyPants2012 Wed 03-Oct-12 20:08:14

well done for using vagina.

try frozen peas

IneedAsockamnesty Wed 03-Oct-12 20:09:25

do i have to wrap the peas in a cloth?

Sudocreme.

And natural yoghurt.

Softlysoftly Wed 03-Oct-12 20:10:22

Is it an allergy then? Hydrocortisone cream?

cheeseandbiscuitsplease Wed 03-Oct-12 20:11:11

Vagisil. Over the counter cream at the chemist. I often get sore during my period and just before it arrives. Went to the docs and was told its down to hormone levels rising. Drives me mad some months then other months it's fine. Cream is brill and very soothing. Go and get some as soon as you can and I use always towels with silk. They are great too. I feel your pain. An itchy fandango is no fun. X

Fairyloo Wed 03-Oct-12 20:11:39

Is it thrush? Itchy and dry

McHappyPants2012 Wed 03-Oct-12 20:12:23

yes, it will act like a cold compress.

Ooh, poor you.

Sudocrem if thats what you have in. Get some thrush cream in the morning.

Getting something cold may help as well.

AViewfromtheFridge Wed 03-Oct-12 20:14:28

I second natural yoghurt. I had this once (due to thrust, though) and felt like a dog with worms - had to keep "discreetly" (i.e. not at all) itching myself on the edges of chairs. Most uncomfortable.

Fairylea Wed 03-Oct-12 20:14:58

If you have some old cotton pj bottoms and old knickers I'd just wear them and leave off the towels ... unless of course you're bleeding is literally flooding out of you. I always find towels irritate me and as my flow is very light overnight I often leave pads off completely and wash all the stuff together the next day.

AViewfromtheFridge Wed 03-Oct-12 20:15:05

Oh god...THRUSH! Although the thrusting probably didn't help.

Thrust grin

And Im now imagining you humping chairs to get itch relief shock grin

IneedAsockamnesty Wed 03-Oct-12 20:25:07

i havent thrusted with anybody in over a year, not even myself grin but by god it itches.

im sat on some frozen peas

Northey Wed 03-Oct-12 20:28:54

Olive oil. It's miraculous (and you will probably have it in the house). I burnt my vulva by mistaking athletes foot cream for thrush cream. For several days. It was red, swollen, peeling, itching so much I could have gladly rubbed a microphone over it... Olive oil soothed it all down and got rid of the persistent thrush as well.

Northey Wed 03-Oct-12 20:30:44

A microplane. Not a microphone. Hurrah for my vulva, but I'm really not sure it has much to say to me.

Dear christ, don;t use vagisil!!!! its does dreadful things to you lady bits!!1

IneedAsockamnesty Wed 03-Oct-12 20:42:30

right im sat on peas, and have covered my bits with olive oil.

so far no chair thrusting just a bit of squirming

I was really boggled as to what use a microphone would be grin

GoSakuramachi Wed 03-Oct-12 20:46:36

Don't put sudocreme on! Trust me, been exactly there, it makes it worse. Cold yoghurt is good, ice too. Don't put anything with even a vague scent on it.

TeaBrick Wed 03-Oct-12 20:51:18

Do you have any antihistamines? They might help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now