Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

No period 2 years after sterilisation

(6 Posts)
Mummyinggnome Sun 08-Apr-12 17:26:12

not sure where to post this... But any opinions?
Had been pushing to the back of my mind but I've now worked it out, I haven't had a period since mid January. Normally v regular.
I had clips put on my tubes during a c section two years ago - I couldn't be pregnant could I? Is it possible?

Dexidoo Sun 08-Apr-12 17:28:13

Yes it is possible you are pregnant no contraception is 100% effective- get yourself a PT pronto!

Northernlurker Sun 08-Apr-12 17:29:37

Yes it's possible. In fact I believe I've read that sterilisation procedures done during c-section are more prone to failure later than when it's done as a seperate op. Get thee to a loo and poas and then you'll know what's what. Would it be a disaster?

Mummyinggnome Sun 08-Apr-12 17:32:18

Blimey. Blimey.
Will have to find a pharmacy.
Not a disaster, we'd be delighted. I think...

Northernlurker Sun 08-Apr-12 17:44:53

Oooh - good luck then smile

Nicki2883 Sun 15-May-16 18:12:21

Hi i was sterilised a week ago with clips i dont no when i should expect a period to come as i was on the pill up until the day before the op which was the end of the pack for that month please help as i cant find the answers anywhere

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now